Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Be kind to yourself
11/9/2005 11:10:33 AM
I grew up with the Gold Rule - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." And I love that rule and I live by it. However, I am also learning to be as kind to myself as I am to others - because if I don't take care of myself, I have nothing to give to others. So, my quote is from myself... "Remember to be as kind to yourself as you are to others."
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Re: Be kind to yourself
11/21/2005 11:35:28 PM
I agree with this but I find it difficult as I take care of a number of people. I have a son, a disabled mother, my boyfriend a lot of times, and his mother is disabled, then there is myself. I find it hard to find time to take care of myself. :) But I agree with the statement. Stephania
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
11/21/2005 11:55:25 PM
Hi Stephania, I understand what you are saying. You might think of it like you think of oxygen on an airplane. If you are there with your family, and the oxygen masks fall because there is a problem with the plane... If you do not put your mask on first, you will not be able to help the others. Does that paint a picture for you? I believe that when we understand that taking care of ourselves is an act of love from our family and those we care for, we begin to see that we really do need to... Be as kind to ourselves as we are to others. That really takes no more time. It means we don't judge ourselves and we don't criticize ourselves - and we get enough sleep, food, etc. to be healthy and happy the way we deserve to be. I know you can remember to be as kind to yourself as you are to others. It is win-win!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Carrie Poulsen

67 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/26/2005 1:08:32 AM
OH YES SO TRUE! FRIENDS are there and than gone! AND there again! DREAMTHOUGH
Our Dream shop, for you yours truly www.dreamthoughts.net
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!