Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
WARNING! Another Bank 'Phishing scam' email
10/23/2005 10:31:51 AM
Hello everyone. Here is another 'Phishing Bank scam" email doing the rounds. it is such an obvious scam, just check the spelling of 'customers' Do not click on anything in this email though, as it will not only collect your information, but give you a nasty virus. ----------------------------------------------- Subject: account assistance From: "Support" Dear Wells Fargo user, We are sorry to inform you that your Wells Account is about to expire, Please click on the link bellow,fill in the proper information and avoid problems. If you do not complete this form till 16 October 2005 Your Account may be suspended or even deleted: https://secure.wellsfargo.com/expire/verification/costumer/submit.php Sincerely, Wells Fargo Team . Note: Wells Fargo Bank always contact its costumers about accounts expiring ( Read in Agree Terms section ) Learn More About: Banking Online Banking Bill Pay Checking Savings & CDs Credit Cards More >> Loans Home Equity Loans Home Mortgage Student Loans Personal Loans Auto Loans More >> Investing & Insurance Mutual Funds Brokerage IRAs Private Client Services Insurance More >> Financial Planning Credit Fraud Prevention Retirement Tools & Calculators Maximize Your Account More >> --------------------------------------------- Do not click on anything is this email if you get it.Just delete it, or forward it onto Wells Fargo Bank fraud dept, or contact your local branch. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Re: WARNING! Another Bank 'Phishing scam' email
10/23/2005 1:19:26 PM
Hello Anthony, First of all I have no acount at Wells Fargo Bank an second I always deltes such emails. Thanks anyway, Kees
+0
HANS (DK)

137 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/23/2005 1:29:10 PM
Thanks Anthony
for this important community information. Crime is Crime !! ;-(
Best Regards and Wishes HANS NIELSEN Your Scandinavian Friend
CLICK "Get more worldwide ACTIVE online friends/contacts ;-)"
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2005 8:06:58 PM
Thanks for the information, Anthony. Although I don't have an account with Wells Fargo personally, people need to know what is going on! God Bless you ,Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
10/23/2005 8:17:17 PM
Carla, Hans & Kees. I too, do not have an account at Wells Fargo, but this is one of many different types of scam emails, purporting to be from one of the major Bank companys. They all are of a similar vein. They all are scams. If you click on the link given & enter your details, the virus that is downloaded, wipes out your hard drive in anything upto to an hour after you click. That way, you don't know where you got the virus from, it is called a time-bomb virus & they are nasty. By the time you get your P.C. running again, your bank account is empty. So if you are not with this particular bank, the next email you get from these scammers may look like it's from your bank. So be careful. Send it to your bank, with a warning about the link (you don't want to be the cause of your Banks computers crashing). There systems can hopefully find out where the emails originated from. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!