Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Monday Review: Advice for Johnny?
10/11/2005 9:16:40 PM
Hi Heather; I so honestly do not mean to be rude, but how exactly does one go about making money while raising money for charity? I don't comprehend the concept? Is this a site to raise money for charity or a business opp? It's both. Here's how it works. Let's say I signed up at Johnny's page. I pay $20 a month for my membership. $10 goes to needy kids and $10 goes to Johnny. Let's say 5 people from Adland sign up. Each pays $20/month. $50 goes to needy kids and $50 goes to Johnny. If I signed up, too, I get half of the profit from the people in my downline. etc. : ) Linda
+0
Re: Monday Review: Advice for Johnny?
10/12/2005 6:49:05 AM
High Linda and adlands, Thanks for your honest review. I will copy and past it to my files. The site is about help people start and run their business. That helps people all people that join. No I am Not 501 c tax exemp here in the US and No I am not a no profit. I personal Give 50% of all admin fees to oprhans org around rge world. That out of my profit or pocket. My intend was not to explote the children but to help them as I help other in their home businesses. I will re work the site in to a business site only and then just send the profit I make to whom need it. Thanks for the honest review, But I was not asking for donations for the chuldren only using profit from my business to help those needing help. As there is know law that stops me form giving to those in need. God Bless thanks Johnny
+0
That's actually a very good idea, Johnny!
10/12/2005 10:14:45 AM
Hi Johnny! My intend was not to explote the children but to help them as I help other in their home businesses. I will re work the site in to a business site only and then just send the profit I make to whom need it. I do know that you have no intent to exploit children. It's a sad fact of this world that many of us who have good intentions are misunderstood because of those with poor intentions. For example, I teach people to make profit online. And I do it well. But, because there are so many scams online, people don't know if I'm "for real" until they get to know me. There are many people that run scams in regard to charity, too, taking money intended for the needy. It's sad, but it happens. And because of those nasty people, no one believes another person is "for real" unless they have the 501c. BUT -- you have a great idea. Set up the site like a business... and DO tell people that you donate to charity. Have you ever heard the story of Seagull Pewter? They are a Canadian company whose pewter pieces are sold in more than 23 countries, including Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom in the United States and Allders and House of Fraser in England. I am telling you this story for a reason. You see, the founders (John Caraberis and Bonnie Bond) started handcrafting silver jewellery and sold it at craft markets throughout the Maritimes. They live in a small Maritime community of about 1,000 people. When they started, they lived in a shack. But, they wanted to make the world a better place. Right from the beginning, they told people that part of their profits will go to charity. And they were up front about it, showing how much they were donating. Over time, their desire to 'give back' and make the world a better place - while other retailers didn't - helped them grow. Today, their company has the Seagull Foundation has changed many lives for the better through planting trees, preserving land, and educating children around the world. Business is all about perception. The way your business was originally presented was not well accepted by people. They felt like it was distasteful to raise money for charity and keep half. But it's all perception. When you take the same concept, and run a business that DONATES regularly to charity (instead of presenting yourself as a charity) - people embrace that business and want to help. In all things, it's how we present ourselves that makes all the difference. I think by presenting your idea in a different way, you will get different results. And - if we could help show that here at Adland - then I think we've done a good thing that can help you grow. Sometimes, it is very helpful to see how other people perceive our ideas, and get feedback to help us grow. So... I think maybe you're on the right track with your idea to set your site up as a business that donates to charity! : ) Linda
+0
Re: That's actually a very good idea, Johnny!
10/12/2005 11:05:05 AM
Linda, Your experience is indeed showing. Perception has been a challenging characteristic that I have confronted in the pass and still do. One time I presented a million dollar saving solution to an employer. My immediated supervisor said it was nice but... No Support. I couldn't understand how something was so obvious to me yet it didn't generate any interest. That suddenly changed when I had an impromptu conversation with a Senior Manager who begin to ask a lot of questions. I gave an honest reply and within a few days my immediate supervisor was asking similar questions. To make a long story short, I noticed a shift in thinking that became the impetus when it appeared my idea was now my supervisor's idea. I got what I wanted and my supervisor became an excellent sponsor of a program that is still saving the company millions of dollars. Johnny, I have learnt something from your last post and I wish you the best of luck. Your heart is in the right place and you will be rewarded by following the good advice that Linda offered.
+0
Re: That's actually a very good idea, Johnny!
10/12/2005 11:15:06 AM
Hi Jack! Your experience is indeed showing. Whew..... that's a LOT better than my age showing. LOL. (kidding) Perception has been a challenging characteristic that I have confronted in the pass and still do. One time I ... Indeed - perception is something we all challenge every day, whether we realize it or not. It affects our businesses and our personal lives every day. As you noted, often the trick to "success" is being able to figure out what it would take to get another person's head where yours already is. Figuratively speaking, of course. heh. : ) Linda
+0