Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Monday Review - Meet Heather
10/3/2005 6:23:21 PM
Hi Linda, Heather's not the only one who benefitted from this article. Thanks Linda! I haven't done the blog yet, but was thinking about it, now I will. I am writing a couple of articles related to my site..so I'm on the right track. Thanks again! And Heather, I agree with you...Linda & Peter are great!
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Monday Review - Meet Heather
10/3/2005 6:41:09 PM
Linda did you mention where to get a blog? You can get a free one at www.blogger.com. Once you have your own domain name and webhosting you can get a php based blog plugin for your site (again free) from: www.opensourcecms.com It might need a little technical help setting it up but might be well worth the time and effort if a blog is working for you.
+0
Thanks Lorraine;
10/3/2005 6:48:24 PM
Hi Lorraine; Thanks... glad it was helpful to you, too! Do be sure to come back and show us what you're working on, too. We can watch yours and Heather's grow at the same time. : ) Linda
+0
Thanks Winston;
10/3/2005 6:57:06 PM
Hi Winston; I just realized you're another Ontarian. Welcome. :) =============== Once you have your own domain name and webhosting you can get a php based blog plugin for your site (again free) from: www.opensourcecms.com It might need a little technical help setting it up but might be well worth the time and effort if a blog is working for you. =============== I popped over to have a peek, of course. I tend to like a lot of open source stuff - but it's probably not beginner level. One thing I find with CMS software is that most of them create dynamic pages. That in itself isn't really a problem for someone of intermediate level - but it can be very frustrating for a beginner level person because most search engines don't do a good job indexing dynamically generated pages. For anyone reading along and thinking "HUH??" -- you can usually tell a "dynamic" page because it has a question mark in the url. Search engines have trouble listing those. Of course, Google has come up with a fix for that, and we can now submit dynamic urls via their new sitemaps feature -- and doing so in XML allows us to add specs that we couldn't add when Googlebot simply "finds" us... but for a relatively new person, all that might be just a tad overwhelming. I, however, will keep my eye on that site for when I need a CMS system - so now that I'm done the long winded part - thank you! lol : ) Linda
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Thanks Winston;
10/5/2005 1:08:07 AM
Linda, Thanks for sharing this with us. I don't know much about blogging, but I do want to learn.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!