Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dean Beaty

447 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
A Portrait of God
8/21/2009 11:59:49 AM
A Portrait of God By Rev. Dean Beaty 8/21/09 Isaiah 6:1-3&5 “In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory… Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.” (KJV) If you were a famous artist, one whom men applaud, What would be your portrait of your Heavenly Father God? Would you paint a grandfather, white beard and rocking chair? Or would He be angelic, flying high up in the air? Some would paint a genie, complete with ’laddin’s lamp. Some would picture Atlas or some heroic champ. Theses are just a few of a thousand views of God. Since no man has seen Him, our views are mostly flawed. God appeared to Isaiah but not in a physical view. God’s Holiness, so overwhelming, Isaiah’s life was new. St. John was given a vision of God the Father’s Son. You can read it for yourself in Revelation chapter one. What stands out in them all and pictured almost solely; That God, in righteousness, is portrayed most as Holy. Is this how you see God, to whom nothing else compares? Just ordinary and common place or as “the man upstairs”? Our personal view of God determines how He’s worshipped. Holy, reverent, righteous, casual or just plain skipped. The Biblical view of God caused men to fall on their face, The way men worship God today is mostly a disgrace. The Peacemaker
Keep them out w/ Home Security... Put them out w/ Pepper Spray. http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com Where YOU are much more than a Customer. And we are much more than a Webstore! To read more poems by Dean go to: http://biblepoemsbydean.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!