Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Whats On You're Mind??
8/16/2009 9:52:46 PM
God calls you to a service far beyond anything you could ever imagine. You were put on earth to make a contribution.

You weren’t created just to consume resources—to eat, breath, and take up space. God designed you to make a difference with your life. You were created to add to life on earth, not just take from it. God wants you to give something back.

The Bible says, “God . . . has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10 TEV). These “good deeds” are your service to the world. Whenever you serve others in any way, you are actually serving God and fulfilling one of your purposes (Colossians 3:23–24; Matthew 25:34–45; Ephesians 6:7).

What God told Jeremiah is also true for you: “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work” (Jeremiah 1:5 NCV).

When most people think of this “special work,” they think of pastors, priests, and professional clergy, but God says every member of his family is to minister. In the Bible, the words servant and minister are synonyms, as are service and ministry. If you are a Christian, you are a minister, and when you’re serving, you’re ministering.

Have you ever wondered why God doesn’t just immediately take us to heaven the moment we accept his grace? Why does he leave us in a fallen world? He leaves us here to fulfill his purposes. Once you are saved, God intends to use you for his goals. God has a ministry for you in his church and a mission for you in the world.

Is there anything holding you back from accepting God’s call to serve him?
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Lee
Lee Smith

293 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Whats On You're Mind??
8/16/2009 10:09:06 PM
What a great thread! I received the email notification from Adland as I generally do, and because of your title question, I couldnt wait to page down and see who was asking. There's so much on my mind.. but I stopped for the moment to read your post. I truly believe what has been written. It's almost as if everything we are going through, we've already gone through, if that makes any sense. Anyway, great question, and to answer what is on my mind, I am thinking heavily about how to effectively promote my $4 online website business...at the moment. I joined this not very long ago and had a couple of sign ups so I know it's something that not only people can afford, but something that does pay. I hope someone will look into this $4 online website business. Also, I wanted to say I am glad I went to church today, there were so many people I needed to say prayers for. Thanks for the invite to your thread.. you are wonderful and you are super interesting...lol.
+0
Terri Pattio

312 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2009 9:55:55 AM
Hi Thomas,

I just read your post, and I want to say thank you for your inspiration and wisdom. I want to serve God and help others because that is what we wants me to do.

I am doing just that.

Have a great week and keep on posting your inspirations, I love it.

Terri Pattio
If YOU want to experience WEALTH and BE SUCCESSFUL in network marketing. Go here to get FREE help now!
+0
Lee
Lee Smith

293 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/17/2009 1:21:06 PM
Hello Terri, very good to read your post. I guess at times, we wonder if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. I believe I am exactly where God wants me to be.. I enjoyed reading what you wrote, as well. It's nice to know of people like yourself that aim to help others. Thomas is really great at creating threads that people are interested in reading. He is most definitely inspirational. Glad to have read your post!
+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2009 2:12:03 PM

Hi Thomas,

Inspiring us as usual I see!

I also belive our purpose includes teaching ourselves to be "spiritual" . Both parts of our "awareness" - consious and unconsious must be taught the ways of God/Spiritualism.

Have you ever noticed that you can keep a secret from your mind? Speak  - out loud - and the other part of you "hears" .

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!