Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
In Honor of the Late King of Pop...
6/30/2009 8:53:12 PM

Michael Jackson was a hero...in retrospect. He did what he loved to do, and he did it the best he knew how...and it showed. Now that he is gone, his legend will live on in infamy.

The day that Michael died, (my sister's birthday oddly enough) I had eaten at a buffet in Las Vegas (The Orleans) and I really stuffed myself. Unfortunately, I managed to obtain a grand portion of food poisoning, and for the next 3 days, I was more or less incapacitated. As I watched what was unfolding before my eyes, I had a hard time believing, just as most. It's looking like there will be public services on Friday and a private service on Sunday at his Neverland Ranch.

I thought it would be fitting for those who are interested, and I apologize for the delay on getting this out, to stop by and share your favorite Michael Jackson song/video with us here, and share what he meant to you. I will start with one. Please provide a link for us to view.

Jackson Five - ABC

Michael was always blessed with a super popstar voice, even as a child, and hence his emergence as a superstar. At 50 years of age, he was too young to die, I've lived longer than he, and I've shared some back problems as he had, and I've experienced demerol.  Michael Jackson, you will be missed, but your talent will live on forever.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: In Honor of the Late King of Pop...
6/30/2009 9:42:04 PM

Hi James,

If I had to choose 1 song...well there are 2 I like, BEN and Billie Jean.

Here's BEN, this is sung so brilliantly, nobody else could ever match Michael's voice!

"Ben"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46rGlj8--Xk

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2009 9:53:29 PM
Walking Garbage CanHi James,
 The events of the past week have been rather perplexing.  I believe it was last Wednesday, the day before Shirley and I left for Nashville, that Ed McMann died. While Shirley and I were sitting in a bus terminal waiting for our bus to reload the news of Farrah Fawcet came on the air. During our stay in Nashville, we learned of Michael Jackson's death and the following day the 'Sham WOW!!!' guy Billy Mays passed away.  We live in a society where it has been the norm for three deaths in a row, however this scenerio broke the mold. It is tragic when anyone dies, especially when children are left behind and court battles begin to decide who gets to raise the children.  It almost becomes an auction to see who has the most to offer rather than who would the children rather be raised by.  I'm not sure off hand which song I would choose as being my favorite.  Some I liked, others I didn't like. We may say that "I would never listen to anything that so an so sings" but when we go to a movie that we like, we may find ourselves humming a tune from the movie that was performed by so an so.  Music is a strange commodity.  We may turn off a song on our car radio but if that same song is playing in the background in a movie during a chase scene, sexual encounter, or perhaps an explosion suddenly the song and lyrics make sense. ABC would probably be my favorite Michael Jackson song because it had a good rythm to it.
Be safe on your next trip and remember to take the veins out of your shrimp and lobster. Two quick ways to get food poisoning.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Easter Cross
http://www.countryvalues65.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
6/30/2009 11:41:31 PM

MJ’s legacy will continue to live on.  His music, song and dance steps will forever live in our heart.  Just like an evergreen tree, they will stay ever green and young as the season go…

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2009 11:43:44 PM

Kathleen, thank you for sharing "Ben." Michael's voice just sends chills down my spine when I hear songs like that!

Here's "Billy Jean."

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!