Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The best of the best is what we want.
6/29/2009 4:49:05 PM

Peter,

As expected an excellent posting.

The point you raise about people reading and not posting is very important. It had occurred to me before but I had forgotten. You are so right.

I have produced several threads on this subject. I hope that those who don't do forums might learn something.

Your point about the forum being of interest to the owner is spot on.

Thank you Peter. Your contribution is appreciated.

Roger

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/30/2009 6:17:18 AM

Hi Roger,

Just popped back in to say thank you!

Another thing that we forget is that forums are an excellent way of finding new friends, I now have a friend from New Zealand who read my first post in this forum.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2009 5:28:59 PM

Hi John,

I can guess who that is too.

Yes it is good for that because sometimes another persons comments ring true or show a similar thought process to you.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2009 9:36:56 PM

In pursuit of excellence!

It's my motto.

I've noticed that despite the drop in numbers posting the quality of forums has improved of late.

Maybe examples like Sami's Forum  and awards like Forum of the month have helped but whatever the reason.

Well done Adlanders!

image_castle008-1.gif image by romacmail

In pursuit of excellence

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2009 10:14:06 AM

Hello Dearest Sir Roger!

Another interesting topic...

For me, when I consider the aspects needed for a great forum...

- I look at what might be missing... is there a hole I could fill up by adding a new thread or starting a new forum;

- It certainly has to be of great interest to me or I would simply not do it;

- I have to look and find an attractive Subject Line to attract as much as possible;

- I have to build up relationship with people in the community and invite them to my new thread or forum... building relationship implies that I will also visit others' forum... they will then be more incline to visit mine... naturally, I have to consider similar interest as a very important factor;

- I have to keep my focus on one important discussion thread at a time... otherwise, I can get overwhelmed by the lot of answers I have to give and also, I will spread the overall energy between two or more threads... by focusing and answering the different posts, I can maintain and even build up the interest for a longer period of time and for more people to get involved;

- I have to be present, be respectful of others and the opinions expressed and I have to answer and show appreciation of the people spending their time to visit me and contributing in my forum. By showing Gratitude and Appreciation, I attract more and more Presence to my forum. If I do not show Respect for a different point of view expressed, I am shutting down the flow of energy coming to my forum... But, I also need to respect myself and the Purpose of my forum and go up to delete a post that would not be in harmony with it... this makes for keeping control over the forum and not letting it slide in a direction that I do not want or again that do not serve the purpose. If I do not answer the posts made by others, I am sending a clear indication that either them or their posts has none or little interest to me and very very soon I will not ever see them again;

- I have to look and consider the results... If nobody or very few are showing up, I need to consider what might be the problem... maybe this was not a topic of interest, maybe this was not a new topic - already been discussed, maybe I missed on my advertizing of it, maybe I was not respectful of others or else... and, then, make the adjustments needed;

- I have to also consider the use of graphics... there is a saying that 1 image is worth 1000 words... so, the use of appropriate graphics that really support my topic and discussion is very important in adding so much color, vividity, interest and variety to the topic... some people could be attracted just to look at what might be the new graphic you brought to support your topic. It creates an interest in itself;

- At the same time, I have to be detached of the results... I do my best in setting it up, in evaluating and learning from the experience, and I move forward with another try always trying to make it better... and, also, learning from what I see being done around in the community... looking at the best forums. Like You said it Roger, we are very priviledged in ADP and we have many great forums and great teachers to learn from...

This is how I try to approach it when I consider setting up a new forum or a new thread in my forum... My own perspective.

With Lots of Friendship,

Blessings,

Alain

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!