Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
It's Time To Congratulate BARB DELGIUDICE, the 193rd POTW!
6/17/2009 2:12:20 PM

Congratulations to the 193rd POTW: Barbara Delgiudice!

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/134690/

I am 56 years old and live with my 2 cockatiels Baby who is 12 years old and Beenie who is 5 1/2 old now.   I have been working on becoming a self-employed person for a few years now.   Watch Out for Scams.   I have lost alot of money on these programs that say you will make money fast.   So maney of those places don't work and close down.  You cannot become successful over night.   It takes hard work and some money to do any multi-level marketing program.  Make your own newsletter and website, this is something every Internet marketer needs..  Please join my free newsletter to get some free ads, tips, advice and gifts.  I can help you become successful in your Internet Marketing.     

Little and Big Parrots Newsletter with Health and Training tips.

My Motto:

Don't ever give up on yourself or anyone else, no matter how long it takes.  The virtue of patience is the key.

I just got this email from PETA.  They have a description of how the chickens are treated.  It is awful to read but people need to know about this so they can change the way chickens are treated.  And chickens are smart and recognize each others different faces. 

In fact the bird brain has been proven to be as intelligent as a 5 year old child and the emotions of a 2 year old child. 

Our youth need to become more educated about animals, especially birds, because they are so misunderstood. Birds are thought to be stupid with no feelings which is very wrong. Allot of other animals are also misunderstood to have no feelings. But this is not true at all. Dr. Irene Pepperberg has proven bird intelligence with African Grey parrots. Dr. Pepperberg did a 30 year study with Alex who died on Sept. 6, 2007, that proved he had the intelligence of a 5 year old child and the emotions of a 2 year old child. She continues to do her research with other African Greys that are proving to be just as intelligent as Alex was. Knowing this changes everything about animals.

Please help the innocent chickens on the page below:

It's time to rewrite McDonald's animal welfare policies

Dear Barbara,

What makes me think that PETA can convince McDonald's to rewrite its corporate animal welfare policies? Burger King. Wendy's. Canadian KFCs. Denny's. Hardees. Carl's Jr. Safeway. Albertsons. Harris Teeter. Winn-Dixie.

McDonald's is the number one seller of chicken flesh in the U.S.—and possibly the number one reason that chickens are among the most abused animals on Earth. These are some of the biggest grocery and restaurant chains in the U.S. and Canada, and PETA has brought them all to the bargaining table and won some of the most sweeping improvements for farmed animals ever. Because of our efforts, fewer factory farms are using cruel gestation crates to confine pregnant sows or "battery cages," in which hens are crammed so tightly together that they cannot spread a single wing.

Now we're taking on McDonald's. Its reforms will lead the way for the greatest changes in the industry. We can win this battle and others—but only with your support.

Chickens killed by McDonald's suppliers are dumped from their crates and violently shackled by workers, often as their limbs are broken or torn off. Many have their throats cut or are scalded to death in tanks of boiling water while still conscious.

The terror that these animals endure can be easily eliminated by switching to controlled-atmosphere killing (CAK)—the least cruel form of poultry slaughter ever developed. With CAK, an inert gas puts the birds to sleep quickly and painlessly while they are still in their transport cages—eliminating much of the suffering that they endure during the slaughter process.

Many of the other companies that PETA staff members have worked with—including Burger King, Canadian KFCs, Wendy's, and Popeye's—are agreeing to push their suppliers to switch to CAK. But McDonald's is refusing to do so. It's even ignored its own study, which showed that CAK would both reduce the suffering of chickens and save the company money.

But that can change with your help today.

As the largest seller of chicken flesh in the U.S., McDonald's has both the responsibility and the ability to pave the way for this important reform to take hold in slaughterhouses across the country.

PETA has the investigators, the activists, the know-how, and the determination to win this campaign. But McDonald's is as formidable an opponent as we've ever faced, and we need your immediate help to turn up the heat. Please make a tax-deductible donation for the countless chickens and other animals facing a painful death without our action today.

Thank you for all that you do to help animals.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid Newkirk
Ingrid E. Newkirk
President

P.S. We must work right now to stop the most egregious abuses of countless chickens, pigs, and other wonderful, vulnerable animals on factory farms and in slaughterhouses. I hope I can count on you today to help us take on McDonald's and other companies that are responsible for so much animal suffering.

Congratulations to Barb!  The above was from her "About Me" page because she didn't reply with her bio yet, but that could change!  Now I definitely know how to spell her last name!   This week was a 4-way tie, the person who's name is closer to the top of most lists wins, we noticed some copy & pasting so lots of lists were in the same order...haha!  If you want a certain person to win, it's a good idea to wait until Tuesday morning and plan your strategy after studying everyone else's lists.  I know you people are capable of strategizing, take a step up from your copying & pasting, you can do it!!! 

Myrna Ferguson

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/ernamay/

Did you know that CAGORA was created with YOU in mind?
It was created for you to have the best in community sites,
whether it be a Local World where you live or somewhere in
another part of the world. Do you have an interest that you
are really "passionate"... mine is gardening. 
http://vegetablegardening.cagora.com

John Partington

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/114695/

http://spicydomainnames.com

Please visit the FRIENDS OF POTW FORUMS, if you'd like your forum linked here, announce the Nominations/Election link to your forum members every week!  THANK YOU!! http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1187238.aspx

NOMINATIONS/ELECTION thread for this week ending next Tuesday, June 23rd for the 194th POTW:
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1247878.aspx

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate BARB DELGIUDICE, the 193rd POTW!
6/17/2009 2:42:30 PM

Hi Barb,

Just stopping by to say...

Have A Great Week In The Spotlight!

God Bless My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2009 2:53:17 PM

Congratulations to Myrna and John! Dear NOTW couple, have a great week here!

Dearest Barb,

CONGRATULATIONS!

As one of the nicest people here, you deserve this recognition so very much.

Be happy, surrounded by love and appreciation.

Much love and many blessings,

Branka

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2009 3:05:41 PM

To my lovely dear friend BARB,

congratulations on your POTW ,

enjoy your week sweet friend.

God_bless you :) 

POTW partner - Thomas

Thank you Kathy.... 

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2009 3:31:16 PM

Hello Dearest Kathleen and Thomas!

Wonderful Job My Friends as usual... Keep up the Spirit and Good Work!

Congrats to our NOTW, Myrna and John, for their continuing and amazing Support and Contribution!

Dearest Barbara,

You did it My Friend... A New Star is Born... The new Queen of the 193rd POTW... CONGRATULATIONS!

With Much Friendship,

Blessings,

HUGGSS

Alain

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!