Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time to Congratulate JAYSON VANBEEKOM, the 192nd POTW!
6/11/2009 2:21:51 PM

Dear Sara and Branka,

Congratulations my friends for being the nominators of this week.

Love,

Dimitra

+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2009 2:21:54 PM

Hello POTW Team, welldone again for a swell presentation!!

A big kudos to my two sweet friends Sara and Branka for winning the NOTW again. Thanks for your huGe support.

Now to our dear friend Jayson, the latest king of the community, the 192nd POTW winner!

CONGRATULATIONS my friends for joining the league of Adland Kings & Queens and thanks for contributing so much and helping reshape our community and the world into a more friendly and better place for all.

I want to believe after being branded "The kid who hates everyone" back in your high school days, you've metamorphosed into "The kid who loves everyone" here in ADLAND community. That was an interesting story you presented and maybe someday we'll love to tell it more as an Article of Virtue (what do you think?).

AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2009 6:56:08 PM

Thank you so much POTW Team!!

Congrats, Sara and Branka!  So nice to see your smiling faces as our VOTWs

And, Jayson!!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!  I read every word of your story.  I think you learned a very important lesson.  We cannot judge the people we meet today based on the behavior of others yesterday! You accomplished getting the grades and the diploma and you should be proud - I did too and in similar circumstances.  High School years can take a toll or teach us lessons and it all depends on the attitude we have when we look back on it.  I know I still look back on many of the valuable lessons I learned

I have to admit that I so admire your honesty here.  You are wise beyond your years, Jayson.  And you have become a pillar in this community!!  I thought I would see you in this throne long ago, and now it has come to be.  Enjoy your week as the King of AdlandPro - you deserve every minute of it!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy

+0
6/11/2009 7:27:58 PM
WTG Jayson.  Enjoy your week as POTW #192.
I think most of us did not enjoy teen years as they are very trying times, but as we matured we changed and found life more interesting.  Everyone is different and usually we wish we were the opposite, but then the others are wishing the same thing.
Just have fun and enjoy every day as much as you can.
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2009 9:46:28 PM

Hi Everybody!

Jayson will be on tomorrow morning, we're lucky he was online more often than usual yesterday to post replies.  What he didn't say was, he grew several inches during 8th grade and was probably one of the tallest kids finishing middle school at around 5-foot-9, then topped out around 6-foot-2 by age 16, so being very skinny and tall was difficult for him!  (Metric? What's metric? 190 cm?) 

He was well-behaved in high school and actually got an "award" from one of the teachers for staying out of trouble, that's how the high school is, so many of the boys quit and those that stay spend their class time planning after-school trouble, so one of his teachers wrote up an award document for him for being good and staying out of some of the conversations going on around him.  Sometimes being quiet or what he would call "anti-social" probably saved him from a lot of problems, his oldest brother was very outgoing, had tons of friends and was also in tons of trouble, both older brothers quit school so Jayson had the pressure of graduating upon himself, especially since all his cousins from my side of the family graduated, he would have never heard the end of it if he didn't! 

He's a very good person, good to the cats, good to his younger brother, good to me and his father. I don't think he's a people-hater, just someone who doesn't like change, the change from one school to another, changing from being a kid into a tall gangly teenager walking almost a mile (really, it is!) thru the ice and snow several months of the year to and from the dreaded high school, I wouldn't want to, for many reasons.  Also having a younger brother who's great at everything, he had pressure from someone smaller than he is, there's nothing worse than a younger relative out-shining you, and I told him that many times, I guess he heard me!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!