Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAY SHOWCASE_ Featuring Ted Pierre 05/31/09
5/30/2009 7:28:27 PM

Greetings Adland members, today i have a showcase for you that features a talent of photography and who likes golf, a family man and a business man, Ted Pierre from Parksville, BC, Canada! With a population of 12,000, Parksville is an active community of retirees, urban professionals and young families who have chosen to live in Parksville for the quality of life and the region's natural environment. Centrally located on the sheltered east coast of Vancouver Island, in the Oceanside region, Parksville’s temperate climate makes it a popular year-round holiday destination. Parksville is known for family friendly beaches and green space and was recently rated as one of the best places in Canada to succeed in business.  Here is a link to take some virtual tours :)

http://www.parksville.ca/cms.asp?wpID=162 

Bordered by ocean and sheltered by mountains, Parksville boasts one of the finest climates in Canada and is favoured as one of the most popular summer family vacations destinations of Vancouver Island and British Columbia. Mild winters allow the leisurely exploration of tidal sand flats, coastal wildlife viewing and invigorating golf year-round. Parksville was established in 1910, when the E & N Railroad first stopped at McBride Junction, as it was then known. The town was named in honour of Nelson Parks, its first settler and first postmaster.Highway 19 (Island Highway) runs besides the open water of the Strait of Georgia on the east coast of Vancouver Island, from Parksville in the south through the Comox Valley and north to Campbell River. Take your time as you meander through this laid-back region. Its rhythms are subtle, but with gentle probing they reveal themselves, showing greater complexity than first meets the eye. Six B.C. provincial parks are located within thirty minutes drive from Parksville, providing every recreational activity imaginable

Fishing and Forestry are the traditional mainstays of the local economy, although they have both been surpassed by Tourism during the last decade. The waterfront strip between Parksville and Qualicum Beach to the north is an almost continuous strip of resort development and tourism facilities.

Like its close neighbour Qualicum Beach, Parksville is an enchanting seaside village that will capture your heart. Discover for yourself why so many people return again and again to this central Vancouver Island getaway. The central location of Parksville makes this oceanside playground a convenient base from which to enjoy all your vacation activities on Vancouver Island.
Population: 11,277                               

Location: Parksville is located on the sheltered eastern shores of Vancouver Island, 7.5 miles (12 km) east of
Qualicum Beach, just 37 km (23 miles) north of Nanaimo on Highway 19, and 150 km (92 miles) north of Victoria.

The Oceanside Route (Hwy 19A), is an especially scenic section of the Island Highway System that runs parallel to the Inland Island Highway (Hwy 19). The Oceanside Route follows the coastline from the Nanoose Bay area all the way to Campbell River. Enjoy the sights of Parksville and Qualicum Beach and the Lighthouse Country communities of Qualicum Bay, Bowser and Deep Bay. Follow the Oceanside Route through the charming communities of Fanny Bay, Buckley Bay, and Union Bay and continue north through Merville, Black Creek, and Oyster River to Campbell River. Parks, beaches, golf courses, and dozens of attractions are located along the Oceanside Route, making it one of the Islands most popular driving tours.Heritage buildings from the Parksville area can be viewed at Craig Heritage Park & Museum. Among them are the French Creek Post Office (1886), the Duncan McMillan log house (1885), and the Knox Heritage Church (1912).The Parksville Community Park is located on Corfield Road in scenic Parksville Bay and offers a variety of activities including the famous Lion's Venture Land Playground is a must for younger members of the family to visit. Tennis courts, ball parks, a lacrosse box, skateboard and BMX park, covered picnic area, large field for kite flying, arena and a Community Hall are also located in the park. The beach itself offers a beautiful view as well as swimming and sandcastle building.

Older kids looking for thrills get their kicks at the Top Bridge Mountain Bike Park, an acclaimed network of trails built and maintained by the Arrowsmith Mountain Bike Club. Enjoy the profusion of colour from over 5,000 flowers, cascading waterfalls, fountains and finely crafted fantasy scenes. Marvel at the two exquisite miniature golf courses which features a full rigged pirate galleon, treasure cave, 45 foot old woman's shoe, watermill, lighthouse, Victorian mansion, village church, and much more at Paradise Fun Park Mini-Golf.St. Anne's Anglican Church is one of the oldest churches on Vancouver Island, built in 1894 by 45 farmers who used oxen to haul the logs. To find the church, turn left off the Island Highway onto Pym Road, right onto Humphrey Road and right onto Church Road.Arts and crafts abound in the area, which is home to painters, weavers, sculptors, carvers, glass blowers, and other artisans who welcome visitors to their studios.

The Station Gallery at the Parksville Train Station features the work of the Arrowsmith Potters Guild, and the People's Gallery in downtown Parksville is home to exhibits presented by the Oceanside Community Arts Council. Pick up a brochure and map of the local galleries that are open to the public for tours and visits, available from the Visitor Info Centre.The annual Brant Wildlife Festival celebrates the migration of up to 20,000 Brant geese from Mexico to their Alaskan breeding grounds.

The beaches around Parksville and neighbouring Qualicum have been the site of an annual migration of tens of thousands of brant geese since well before the settlement of the town. With the establishment of the Brant Goose Feeding Area by the Mid Island Wildlife Watch Society, the arrival of the geese has been the trigger for annual festivities in mid-April. By then, thousands of the black-hued, duck-size sea geese touch down on the beaches and marshlands surrounding Parksville and Qualicum to rest and feed on the algae, eel grasses, seaweeds, and especially herring roe. Most of the migrating birds are travelling from Mexico to the Yukon-Kuskokwim delta of western Alaska. Guided tours of the feeding areas take visitors to special viewing locations, or you can simply walk out on the beach with a pair of binoculars and stalk them (and the more than 200 other bird species passing through at the same time)If you like the beach, you'll love Parksville. With its long sandy beaches and eastern exposure, this is an ideal spot to spend a few days, or the whole summer, basking in the sun and swimming in warm waters. Parksville's Community Park offers great lengths of public beach on the town shoreline. Pick a location that appeals to you, park in one of the many access points, and stroll out onto the hard-packed sand. When the tide goes out in Parksville, it leaves hundreds of metres of firm golden sand, internationally acclaimed as the best building material for sandcastles!                         

Don’t miss the three week long Parksville Beach Festival each August. The event’s highlight is the Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition, which draws tens of thousands annually to see a jaw-dropping array of alternately whimsical, complicated and flat-out stunning creations.Every spring in late May or early June, the shores of Rhododendron Lake are lined with a stunning profusion of pink rhododendrons. Growing wild, these beautiful rhododendrons are believed by botanists to belong to a strain that survived the last Ice Age.Access to Rhododendron Lake is by private logging road. Check for signs posted at the entrance to Northwest Bay Logging Division, approximately 7.2 km south of Parksville. Pretty cool i must say, thank you TED WE LOVE YOU

Hi and Welcome,

My name is Ted Pierre and I live in beautiful Vancouver Island, BC, Canada with Jean, my wife of 30 years. We have a modest (mortgaged) home and we are enjoying our retired lives.

Have you ever thought what it would be like to not worry about money, to have enough of that resource so that any time you wanted to buy something, or give it away, you wouldn't have to concern yourself with thinking about limited funds?

Well, my goal is to be just that within the next two years and with the help of AdlandPro and my new business friends I hope to help you realize your dreams as I weave mine. 

I look forward to chatting, emailing, corresponding, and working with you to reach and even surpass our mutual targets.

Best Regards

Ted 

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/307659/default.aspx     

View Ted Pierre's web site         

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_ Featuring Ted Pierre 05/31/09
5/30/2009 10:40:26 PM
Lovely bio and background info on your area Ted.  Congratulations from a fellow Ontarian.  I would love to come and see your area as I know it is so nice and warm in winter.
Shirley Manion MoneyMakers, Shopping, blogs, fun places http://www.connectionsecrets.com/webmasterhelpers Shopping Bargains and Deals Connections http://www.connectionsecrets.com/bargainshopping Your own fun Iggly Biggly business for only $20.00 h
+0
Terri Pattio

312 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/31/2009 12:28:52 PM

Hi Ted,

A big welcome to you from Port Arthur Texas.

Very nice indeed to meet you.

As always Thomas did a great job. Very vivid description with photos. Looks very peaceful where you live at.

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Terri Pattio

If YOU want to experience WEALTH and BE SUCCESSFUL in network marketing. Go here to get FREE help now!
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/31/2009 3:04:01 PM

Thank you Shirley

and Terri for your love my friends!  :)

God_bless you                  

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/31/2009 7:09:38 PM

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for another great sunday showcase!

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!