Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dean Beaty

447 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Author of "Day by Day"
5/23/2009 4:18:15 PM
Day by Day Lina Sandell Berg learned early in life to live each day with the presence and strength of her Lord. She was called the “Franny Crosby of Sweden” because of the many gospel hymns she wrote. The approximately 650 hymns which she wrote were greatly used in the revival that came to the Scandinavian countries during the latter half of the 19th century. At the age of 26 Lina experienced what would greatly influence her life. She was accompanying her father on a ship to the city of Gothenburg, Sweden. The ship gave a sudden lurch and her father, a Lutheran minister, fell overboard and drowned. Even though Lina had written many hymns before this tragic experience her broken heart was used to express a tender, child-like trust in her Lord. “Day by Day” was written by this young Swedish Woman. 1. Day by day, and with each passing moment, Strength I find, to meet my trials here; Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose heart is kind beyond all measure Gives unto each day what He deems best Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure, Mingling toil with peace and rest. 2. Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me With a special mercy for each hour; All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me, He whose Name is Counselor and Pow'r; The protection of His child and treasure Is a charge that on Himself He laid; "As your days, your strength shall be in measure," This the pledge to me He made. 3. Help me then in ev'ry tribulation So to trust Your promises, O Lord, That I lose not faith's sweet consolation Offered me within Your holy Word. Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting, E'er to take, as from a father's hand, One by one, the days, the moments fleeting, Till I reach the promised land.
Keep them out w/ Home Security... Put them out w/ Pepper Spray. http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com Where YOU are much more than a Customer. And we are much more than a Webstore! To read more poems by Dean go to: http://biblepoemsbydean.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!