Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Affiliate Method step II
5/16/2009 1:12:10 AM
Hi, the Underground Guru, is back. And now get ready for step II of this great technique that can help you with your affiliate and MLM marketing.

keyword research is very important for this, you can use GENERIC or keyword phrases. I take for granted that you know what keywords and keyword phrases are, if not just drop me a line and I will help you with it.

Second step:

Research your Keywords:

When we write our articles we are going to get the majority of our traffic from search engines especially Google, we will also get some secondary traffic from Yahoo and MSN but largely from Google because Google tend to rank articles posted on website well.

So it is better to concentrate on Google than the other way around. So what we do is to find keywords which are relevant to our product and write articles based on these keywords (I know that it sounds difficult but it’s not) and get free traffic off the back of Google and the articles site. 

Now, this method has allowed many affiliates to quit their jobs and work strictly from home- if we repeat this process enough times we will generate substantial income. It is slow and painful but a “fool-proof ” / “idiot-proof”, way to make money as an affiliate, if you have lots of time and zero capital then this is the technique for you.

Try to in the beginning research keywords several times a day. When you use this method over and over again you will become proficient and eventually become a master at it. When we choose to promote a product often times we will be at a complete lost as to which relevant keywords to use. I’m sure that off the bat you can come up with a few terms for whatever the product is.

There are a number of ways to collect keywords for our product, I tend to first draw up as many as I can and then filter them down. As I said this is brute force working not a clever set of steps or an exhaustive list.

Here’s what to look for:

a-    Check out the affiliate page of the product for keywords

what keywords are the merchant using ?- use them: but don’t stop there, the product vendor will often have an affiliate page with relevant keywords on them. Two points here, 1- do a quick check for competitors, check their affiliate pages out because they will have different keywords that you can also use, and 2- vendors will often provide you with vague keywords that don’t convert well, so choose well.

b-    Use Google and Yahoo suggestion tool

Procedure: take a broad keyword (one word) and enter it into Google or Yahoos suggestion tool, this will produce new keywords that you can use-

Example: if you enter Project X into Google suggestion tool one of the keywords will be “Affiliate Marketing”. Go to http://www.pixelfast.com/overture   for the suggestion tool.

If you are truly serious about this method, once you start earning money I would highly recommend purchasing a copy of keyword elite for even more related and focused keywords.

c-     Browse resource sites.

Take a keyword relevant to your product, (the more general 

the better) go to Google and enter in the search “[keyword]

directory”  “[keyword] wikipedia” or simply [Keyword]. Browse

through the dictionary with the related keyword and discover

“niche specific” keywords that we didn’t have. We need

between 30 –100 keywords for each of our products and need

to cut these down to a manageable number.

If you would write a review or pre sell targeting the keyword of the title of the product or company, this can be highly profitable for two reasons.(1) anyone who is searching for a product by name is super targeted, with credit card in hand. (2) it is easier to rank well in Google by targeting keywords of the title of the product.  

Note: One of the keywords that you should always tarfet is the Title Of The Preduct or service that you are promoting.

It's extremely important that you bite your teeth and stick with it, as I said in the beginning it's boring, but you DO get results.

Until next time
Don

Don Ridgeway CEO RCMG3/ISBAB Marketing EMAIL: isbab@isbab.com,or rcmg@rcmg-3.com WEB:http://www.isbab.com - WEB:http://www.rcmg-3.com
+0