Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Breaking Through
5/15/2009 12:40:38 AM

To really communicate, you must give up three things:

1. You must give up your assumptions.

We get into trouble when we start assuming we understand the meaning of what people say to us.

The truth is everything you hear goes through a filter. Your filter is determined by your past experiences and your unique personality. You may not be hearing what they are really saying. Therefore, it is smart (and safe) to ask for clarification: "Listen before you answer. If you don't, you are being stupid and insulting" (Proverbs 18:13 TEV).

2. You must give up your accusations. You never get your point across by being cross. Anger and sarcasm only make people defensive and that kills communication. There are four common forms of accusation:

1, Exaggerating, such as making sweeping generalities like "You never," or "You always."
2, Labeling, such as derogatory name-calling. Labeling never changes anyone. It only reinforces the negative behavior.
3, Playing historian, such as bringing up past failures, mistakes, and broken promises.
4, Asking loaded questions, ones that really can't be answered, such as, "Can't you do anything right?"

The Bible says, "Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you" (Ephesians 4:29 TEV).

3. You must give up your apprehensions. Fear prevents honest communication. It causes us to conceal our true feelings and fail to confront the real issues. The two most common apprehensions are: the fear of failure and the fear of rejection. But when you face your fear and risk being honest, then real communication can happen. Freedom is the result of openness. Jesus said, "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32 TEV). 

God_bless you members, sorry i havent been able to fulfill your spiritual needs for awhile but i hope this little bit of truth will help.

Have a great weekend! :)

Bizzy Thomas

worst surfer on the planet

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Breaking Through
5/15/2009 12:49:10 AM

My dear Tommy,

You are forgiven for neglecting our spiritual needs. And this article (HOW DO YOU SAY THAT ?????) ... WASHES YOUR SWEET FACE AT ALL :) .

So many times I do ponder on the subject.

When we communicate, DO WE REALLY EXCHANGE OUR THOUGHTS WITH OTHERS OR WITH OURSELF?

I am very good and patient listener, but I hear words as I understand them.

The tools for communication are so individual.

Don`t you agree ?

But if we take care to use always only pleasant and nice words (words are energy-clothes) we`d surely match better results.

Mental and verbal hygiene should become first levels of human hygiene.

Love you Thomas and thank you very much!

God bless you!

Branka

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 7:17:34 AM
Hello Dear Thomas!

Thank You for this spiritual source of thoughts and inspiration...

This is something we need to be constantly aware and careful about... isn't it? I am not sure that it can really become kind of second nature... Life always find ways of pushing the good "buttons" so that we can grow ourselves better in our communication skills or, in the end, in our Love ability...

Thank You for your Friendship,
Blessings,
Alain
+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
5/15/2009 6:01:28 PM

Bro Thomas,

Have very few seconds to spare these days but had to pop in one this one my friend , This would make a great postit pad as a daily reminder Thank you Gods speed :-) Lee

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2009 10:24:48 PM

Ahhh LEE my long lost wholesale friend from afar lol.

Thank you so much for stopping by,

at least i know your alive! LOL .

God_bless you..In everything you do!!

These days we all need it :) 

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!