Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Why the truth is always " bitter ".........?
5/8/2009 8:06:40 AM

Dear Friends.........!

Why the "truth" is always "bitter"............?

Kindly share your valuable comments with all our friends.

With lots of Love, Affection, Respect and Prayers....!

Friendly Yours,

Gani.

rafiunnissa@yahoo.com

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why the truth is always " bitter ".........?
5/8/2009 8:19:51 AM

Hi Gani,

It depends on what truths, and the value of it to the person who hears it.

If we say "I don't love you" to someone who has 2 other lovers, it's not a big deal to them.

If we say it to someone who loves us and has no other, then it's earth-shattering.

If someone asks "Did you sleep with him/her?" and we say "No, I was AWAKE ALL night!"  The listener may not find that as funny as the person who said it.

Truths can be delivered with more tact and sensitivity, especially if we're just communicating online...some people have a lack of tact or a lack of understanding language barriers and more patience is greatly appreciated, instead of exploiting a misunderstanding in expressions that would be innocent in one language but possibly very inflammatory in another language. 

Would a good friend TELL their foreign friend the issue immediately, or hesitate to correct a potential language disaster?   Can reading be MORE than reading?  The truth of caring will make us read what the person is trying to say, and if there's a problem, to not make it worse. 

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2009 10:14:45 PM
Walking Garbage CanHi Gani,
 First, it is so nice to see you again.  Shirley and I have been worried about you and that is the truth.
 I believe that many truths are bitter because although they are meant to be helpful, at times they are directed towards people that did not ask for the help nor want it.  As our languages, customs and traditions vary from state to state and country to country, what is true in one region of the world may not be true in another region of the world.  Therefore to impose a truth on another person, one must first examine the circumstances. Friendly conversations can suddenly evolve into bitter disputes when those engaged in the conversation are not fully aware of their friends surroundings or beliefs.  I have always believed in being truthful, however I would never correct a persons opinion on matters of foreign affairs simply because I am not familiar with the lifestyles of those other than in my own surroundings.  I would much rather listen to a conversation and try to understand each person's opinion on any given subject without conveying my own thoughts on the matter until I understand where each person is coming from.  In today's Global troubled economy it is very easy to turn a civil discussion into a bitter conflict.  If, in fact, I were asked to convey what I believe to be the truth in any discussion I believe that I would begin by saying, "In my opinion, as I understand the subject at hand, the truth is...." and end by saying, "You may have a different opinion on the matter from your point of view and I accept that."  In this way, you are given your opinion on the truth, yet leaving the subject open for friendly debate.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Easter Cross

http://www.countryvalues65.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2009 1:48:11 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
5/18/2009 12:27:31 AM

Dear Friends.........!

Greetings from Gani.

Thank you for joining this Forum and sharing your "valuable comments/views" with our friends.

Honestly speaking.....I get an opportunity to learn a lot through these posts.

Thanking you, once again, to one and all.

With lots of Love, Affection, Respect and Prayers....!

Friendly Yours,

Gani.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!