Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Israel's 61st Independence Day - Yom Ha'Atzmaut
4/30/2009 9:44:45 AM

Hi Geketa,

Thanks for adding part of Sammy's post.

Here's a real treat for you. We had a great singing Rabbi called Rabbi Shlomo Carlibach. I found his earliest know video with the song "Am Yisrael Chai". The "People/Nation of Israel Live".

((youtube id="WAn4pcKNSZY"))((/youtube)) 

And our Israeli nightingale Ofra Chaza that tragically dies a few years ago. Her song is titled "Chai" Alive. She performed this song on a Israeli Air Force base.

((youtube id="VWq6zZulYrw"))((/youtube))

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2009 10:06:46 AM

Hi Geketa,

I figured we can't have Ofra Chaza without one of her most famous songs. Yerushalyim Shel Zahav - Jerusalem Of Gold. Written by Naomi Shemer one of Israel's great talents that died a few years ago from cancer.

ירושלים של זהב 

((youtube id="L8Co7IzOyhw&feature"))((/youtube))

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2009 7:34:30 AM
Hi Peter,

You certainly know how to make a Jewish girl smile. I love the dancing rabbi and who would not love Ofra Chava her voice sounds like she is an angel. What a loss she was to the music world and Israel.

I don't know if you know this or not but she sang songs in the "Price of Egypt", a cartoon movie about Moshe several years ago. That movie was a big hit here in the Us with the children and I as an adult loved it too. My Jeremiah said," momma I know that voice", as soon as he heard the video start and of course he dragged out the movie and watched it.

Todah for the great videos !

Shalom,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2009 12:16:37 AM

Hi Geketa,

Glad you enjoyed Shlomo Carlebach. He was quite an amazing individual and succeeded in capturing many with his original songs.

Just as an aside. One of my brother-in-laws's son's-in-law (he has 4 of em) did a documentary on Shlomo Carlebach that was quite successful. It premiered last year. I'll try and get a link for you to watch. 

Ofra was one of the greatest singers Israel ever had. Her tragic death was a blow to all Israelis and she is sorely missed. I heard she did a voice over but never heard or watched it. I'll see if I can get a copy for my granddaughters.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!