Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SUNDAY SHOWCASE_featuring Carla Carey 04/19/09
4/18/2009 7:10:31 PM
Greetings Adland members, Happy Spring to you! Time once again to feature one of our members who has  a high standerd in the community in friendship and in business. This weeks feature is a woman of faith, a talkshow host and our friend Carla Carey, she hails from Seymour, Indiana.

Seymour is a city in Jackson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 18,101 at the 2000 census. Seymour is called the "Crossroads of America" because the North/South and East/West railroads cross in downtown.

Located one hour south of Indianapolis, one hour north of Louisville and one and one-half hours west of Cincinnati -- Seymour, Jackson County, Indiana is the place to live your future! Seymour has a population of approximately 20,000 residents and is served by Mayor Craig Luedeman, Clerk-Treasurer Fred Lewis and seven Councilmen.

Seymour is a thriving industrial, commercial, and residential community based on well-planned growth and progress. The quality of life is demonstrated by Seymour's "small town" yet bustling atmosphere, beautiful parks and open spaces, attractive landscaping and arterial streets, a low crime rate, quality schools and affordable housing. Because of the geographic location, a pro-business environment, and a proactive local government -- Seymour is expected to continue to grow.

This site is designed to inform you about the Seymour community and provide detailed information about Seymour City Government.

The North/South line, the Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad, was built in the 1840s connecting Indianapolis to the Ohio River at Jeffersonville. It ran through the Shields farm at the area that is now Seymour. 

In 1852 when the East/West railroad, the Ohio and Mississippi Railroad, was going to be built, Capt. Meedy Shields who was the cousin of General John Tipton talked the surveyor, John Seymour, into putting it through his land. In return he named the town Seymour. All trains had to stop at a crossroad, making Seymour a bustling community.   

Seymour is the birthplace of singer John Mellencamp, Miss America 2009, Katie Stam, and Robert Shields (diarist) whose personal diary earned him a place in the Guinness Book of World Records. Robert William Shields was a distant cousin of Seymour founder Meedy Shields. Also Seymour is the home of The Elms (band) and birthplace of its members.

Seymour was the site of the World's First Train Robbery, committed by the local Reno Gang, on October 6th, 1866 just east of town. Vigilantes from the town hunted down and eventually hung all but one of the Reno brothers in the gang.

The Freeman Field Mutiny occurred in 1945, in which African-American members of the 477th Bombardment Group attempted to integrate an all-white officers' club at Freeman Army Air Corps Base. The mutiny later led to the integration of United States Military.

WE LOVE YOU CARLA  :)

HI EVERYONE! I am a 56 year old female in Indiana, proud mother and grandmother of one granddaughter and 2 grandsons. I was born and raised here in Indiana and lived here most of my life. I am Tutor and a Registered Home Health Aid. I love God and music and sing Gospel and play the guitar and keyboard. I am also a radio show co-hostess now at Blogtalk Radio so hope you'll come listen to the show! I am the leader of Adlandpro Prayer Cell.We have had lots of answers to prayers!! http://www.prayercellrequests.ning.com  is my prayer cell group.

Click to join marykayopportunity

Click to join marykayopportunity

Hope to see you soon!!  http://www.fdirep.com/carlacarey

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/245569/default.aspx

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_featuring Carla Carey 04/19/09
4/18/2009 8:48:05 PM

HI THOMAS,
Thanks for featuring me !! I was really surprised ! Now Seymours on the map !! :) As I told you I'm a FDI CEO now so I want people to know that as well.
May God richly bless you brother. You've supported me all through adlandpro:)
I love you all as well here in adlandpro!

Sincerely,
Carla :)

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2009 9:40:29 PM
Hi Thomas, Great job! Carla has been a special friend to me for at least 3 years. Hugs,LaNell                               
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/18/2009 10:31:14 PM
Hey there Carla, Now I would be interested to check out this blogtalk! You know what? I can see you as a Nurses Aide! Why? Because I am a long time Nurse in Nursing Homes and Home Healthcare and "know" many Nurses Aides! I have met and known alot of great girls! And some guys too. Look at the pretty letters above of your name! Very pretty. Oh Indiana...I pass through Indianapolis almost every year going from Michigan to Louisiana. It's a little busy through there! I usually drive after we get past it! ha ha! Well Carla, you have been quite faithful over some time in your prayer request forum and that's marvelous! Very nice that people know they have a place to go and share their needs and ask for help. There's something good to say for people who remain so faithful to such a ministry. Your a good girl I can tell and even though I have talked to you personally alot, I do know you! And do know you are there, as I'm sure many do. Congratulations on "Your" Sunday! You are a sweetheart and "another" of so many very nice and good people here. I will lift you up to God tonight just because it's your day, that he will see whatever you need or whatever might give you an extra blessing. Love Kim
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2009 11:00:57 PM
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for featuring Carla, she is a special lady.

Carla,

This is great to learn a little more about you.  I do hope you have a wonderful week.  Enjoy your time in the Sunday Showcase.

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0