Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Easter Story
4/14/2009 1:45:05 PM
Hello Kim,

I agree. Very nicely said and very good explanation.

I particularly agree with these paragraphs as I have
witnessed them myself.

God isn't that hard, and how can he be if he says a child can perceive him? It may be true that the Holidays originated from pagan ideas but God looks on man's heart and many a heart sees and feels and celebrates the rising of Christ on this day, and I am sure God is not offended by that.

I have come to realize that I cannot judge another man's faith, which is between him and God. God is not restricted by man's forms of religion, but he can meet any man's heart in any place, and I have seen evidence of Christ and his Spirit in people who participate in religions that I do not agree with.

But anyway, if Love is God's Spirit and we claim his Spirit, and the presence of his Spirit of Love is the evidence of him far more than any knowledge or beliefs we claim, then this kind of Love that is his is able and willing to understand and care for even those who disagree with us, to look past even offences and recognize what may be sincere motives. We ought to not let pride divide us or cause us to have anomosity toward others, because Jesus did not have anomosity even toward those who crucified him.

Amanda
+0
4/14/2009 2:49:48 PM
Dear Nick, sorry I missed this.  I have not been online much lately.  It is a beautiful story and you (as usual) presented it graciously.  Thank you for all your contributions to this community and your support for your friends.

Hugs,
Sara
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2009 4:09:49 PM
Hey Roger Dear Friend

Why would I want to delete your post when you are only speaking the truth. I have and always will be open to all religions and opinions concerning those beliefs but when it gets to the point when it starts to hurt peoples feelings because someone says the religion you believe in is all bogus then that is where I draw the line. We all have the right to believe in anything that makes life more enjoyable and helps us cope with distress. We must all have something in our hearts that makes life easier as when we were children we had parents to love us and take care of us and now that we are older we still need to know that someone or something is still watching over us !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2009 4:18:19 PM

Thank you Nick,

I hope that folk weren't too hurt.

Roger

+0