Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Poetry.... Roger Macdivitt
4/10/2009 2:07:52 PM

Kathleen,

what is it about getting older?

The trouble is we both change in a relationship. In some ways we grow closer and in other ways farther apart.

My wife and I have things about each other that drive us nuts. As an ex-drummer I tap on everything, car steering wheel, coffee cups, table tops and anything to hand.

She, buys loads of houseplants and pots and saucers and then they die and she puts them outside (dead), am  I supposed to plant this dead plant? I then get asked why I have all these old pots in the garden or shed. OOOOOOh.

I love her to bits, but................

Roger

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/10/2009 2:09:44 PM

I am not too intelligent Sir.

I already visited your poetic forum, but couldn`t find a post option. (Everywhere found just Report Post. I was ready to report that you do not permit me to say how much I enjoy :) )

Thanks to Amanda ... finally I got it.

I like very much COLD MAN . Who would ever expect that getting cold may be turned in so special poem?

This last HIS PROMISE made me very, very sad.

I understand it.

This thread is great. If you are not too ready to serve any cappuccino ... I`ll come from time to time to get a cup or two of silence.

Poets are true wonders. Use the words to create the silence.

Wondermakers indeed.

HAPPY EASTER DEAR SIR!

Luka

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2009 2:15:21 PM

Roger,

May I say as nicely as possible to you and your wife...I'd clobber both of you!  HA!  The drumming/tapping would drive me bonkers, and her dead plants would make me and my father-from-the-farm both totally crazy!  My mother would never "turn" her houseplants so they all leaned sideways toward the window, the houseplants need WATER and to be turned maybe once a week to avoid heavy leaning as the plant gets bigger.  My solution to YOU...put socks on your hands, or mittens.

Hi To Luka,

Another English-language barrier...the Common Cold or to "catch a cold" is a little illness of stuffy nose and coughing, feeling unwell, not just the feeling of cold weather.  Your language barriers endear you more to us!  *HU*G*S*

+0
4/10/2009 3:47:54 PM

Roger, you are doing great friend!!  I saw all the posts and had to come over.  I have been reading back through all of them and your new poetry.

This is a nice place to visit and I will have to come back more often.  You know, you really got Kansas (& me) nabbed in that poem.

This is a painting I did of our back 40.

Happy Easter to all,

Sara

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/7/2009 5:58:57 PM

Kathleen and Cap'n,

Here's my latest inpired by yourselves.

Tourists on a Cruise Ship Clip Art Royalty Free Clipart Image

Why I Hate The Sea  (c) Roger Macdivitt

I've had some jobs, I have.

I've bought and sold and traded.

I've cleaned and scrubbed,

And scraped and rubbed,

And tied and spliced and braided.

I've cut and chopped both hair and wood.

I've drilled and dug and blasted.

I've sieved and scoured,

Bit off, devoured.

I've sunk and even once, demasted.

But worst of all, my final job.

I went to sea upset.

I hated the swell

And not feeling well.

But worst of all, FAR TOO WET.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!