Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Poached Eggs
3/5/2009 10:57:25 PM
This method of poaching eggs was determined to be the best way of methods tested at  Eating Well Magazine.

Poached Eggs

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

4 large eggs
¼ cup distilled white vinegar

Instructions

1. Break each egg into a small bowl. Fill a large, straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add vinegar. Reduce to a gentle simmer: the water should be steaming and small bubbles should come up from the bottom of the pan.
2. Submerging the lip of each bowl into the simmering water, gently add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Cook for 4 minutes for soft set, 5 minutes for medium set and 8 minutes for hard set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a clean dish towel to drain for a minute.

Tips

The poaching pot is much easier to clean if it's still warm from cooking.

Food Safety Note: If salmonella is a concern in your area, be sure to cook your eggs until hard set.

Nutrition Information

Per serving: 74 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 211 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrate; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 147 mg sodium; 67 mg potassium.

0 Carbohydrate Serving

4 large eggs
¼ cup distilled white vinegar
1. Break each egg into a small bowl. Fill a large, straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add vinegar. Reduce to a gentle simmer: the water should be steaming and small bubbles should come up from the bottom of the pan.
2. Submerging the lip of each bowl into the simmering water, gently add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Cook for 4 minutes for soft set, 5 minutes for medium set and 8 minutes for hard set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a clean dish towel to drain for a minute.

The poaching pot is much easier to clean if it's still warm from cooking.

Food Safety Note: If salmonella is a concern in your area, be sure to cook your eggs until hard set.

Per serving: 74 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 211 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrate; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 147 mg sodium; 67 mg potassium.

0 Carbohydrate Serving

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Poached Eggs
3/6/2009 1:25:04 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Poached Eggs
3/8/2009 12:27:26 AM
I am glad we are friends, too, Nick. Thanks for the cute teddy bears and hearts. XXXX's and O's.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!