Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: JOE DOWNING WINS: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending March 10th for the 179th POTW:
3/10/2009 9:23:22 PM

Hi Georgios,

The rules have been posted for 7 weeks, 24 hours a day.  Half of the Nominators every week have been from other countries, so I think the English-speaking people can definitely learn how to do it if the non-English speaking people have been here week after week doing it right.

Lists of less than 7 will not have ANY of the nominees counted at all.  That's been stated since the beginning.  Nominators and nominees without last names, not counted.  Company names, not counted.  Inactive forums or no forums, not counted.  Those rules are for the nominees AND nominators.  What's difficult to understand? 

I haven't been visiting negative threads, when I try to defend myself and my election plan, then it just brings negativity onto ME.

This plan was accepted by Bogdan after he read it thoroughly.  Anyone who doesn't like it can tell him about it.  Like this:

Message To: Bogdan Fiedur

Subject: Better POTW Election Plan than Kathleen's

Anyone can send it if anyone has one.

It's that simple.  Administration makes the final decision on how and who the prizes are given.  This is Bogdan's 100,000+ page site that HE created BEFORE  he learned how to speak English fluently. 

If people don't like THIS election plan, they can go create their own 100,000+ page website in a language THEY don't speak fluently, and then create their own election plan to give out THEIR money to anyone they want to give it to.

Thank you, Georgios, and everyone who has been participating, especially those for whom English is not your first language!! 

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: JOE DOWNING WINS: Nominations/Election WEEK Ending March 10th for the 179th POTW:
3/10/2009 9:36:16 PM

Today I looked through ALL of the past POTW winners.  Only 4 or 5 out of more than 170 didn't have last names.  So the popular no-last-name people HAVE won at least once already.  

Having an active forum will gain more notice for people, so it's a good idea to have an active forum.  If people don't want to, that's their choice, no one is being forced to open a forum or participate.  That's all been said before.

This election plan lets everyone nominate people THEY KNOW.  So we don't have to choose from only 5 on an electronic ballot, sometimes we only knew 2 or 3 of those, now everyone KNOWS all the people THEY are personally nominating. 

Also, looking at other peoples' lists can give people good ideas of someone they may have forgotten about and would like to get in touch with or add to their own list of nominations.

There are a LOT of positives in this plan. 

We have started compiling the eligible nominees of the past several weeks, to give people some ideas in case they are stuck trying to think of 7.

I think ANY amount we would have stated would get complaints.  If it was ONE, people would say, "I can't name one in front of my other friends, they'll be upset"....and if it was any number, 3 or 5, people would still say, "Why 3? Why 5?"  So it's 7 and Bogdan agreed to it, and it's staying at 7.

The required 7 is for a reason, instead of just one name, to prevent large groups from coming in and all nominating ONE person. 

This plan keeps the week's nominations fluctuating and constantly changing in public view.  People should look for the positives and have fun with it. 

+0
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/11/2009 2:28:38 AM
Dear Joe - this last number 9 seems likes you. FIRST TIME YOU WERE #89 POTW !

In those 90 and more weeks .... nothing has been changed. BROTHER - YOU ARE LOVED AND MISSED VERY MUCH!

From the time when you "disappeared", I have had a several metamorphoses, like here :

Now wish to be the Snoopy to make you happy!

CONGRATULATIONS JOE!

Luka

+0
3/11/2009 9:30:19 AM

Thanks Kathleen and Thomas for your hard work keeping this going each week.

Dear Joe Downing (Snoopy) loved by all...

Been missing you,

Sara

+0