Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SUNDAY SHOWCASE_Featuring Jan Green 03/01/09
3/1/2009 7:03:19 AM
Hello Thomas!
Wow! Amazing Sunday Feature again My Friend...
A Great Personality and a wonderful presentation as always!

Hello Jan!
Congratulations for being featured in Thomas Forum this week...
You fully deserved this recognition!

Enjoy this Amazing Sunday!
Have a wonderful week to come...
With Friendship,
Blessings,
Alain

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2009 10:48:32 AM
I try Alain just for you my friend lol, i want to thank you, Roger and Beryl for stopping by with your greetings and your love, wishing you a great week ahead and an awesome day! God_bless you friends. :) Bizzy Thomas           
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
3/1/2009 2:03:48 PM

Thank You Thomas for this Honor.  I worked on Clairmont Road (VAMC-Atlanta) from 1987 to 2004.  Occasionally, I visit to have lunch with various ex-coworkers.

Georgia has lots of history that has yet to be revealed. 

"Chief of the industries during the early years in DeKalb were granite quarrying, farming, dairy farming and cotton mills and grain mills. Land near the South River produced 1000 or more pounds of cotton per acre, and the county was one of the largest milk producers in the southeast. Large truck farms supplied vegetables throughout the region. Development in DeKalb in the early years was along the rivers and along the railroads from the county site, Decatur, east to Stone Mountain and south east to Lithonia. The first three cities were Decatur, Stone Mountain and Lithonia."

I was born in Dublin, GA

In March, the entire community is a "wee bit Irish" for the Dublin-Laurens St. Patrick's Festival which has been in existence for over 30 years! The month-long celebration offers fun for the whole family with a parade, a road race, an arts and craft fair, a leprechaun contest and much more.

"The Emerald City," and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin-Laurens County "Green and Growing" have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life.

The City of Dublin was incorporated by the Georgia Assembly on December 9th, 1812, and made the county seat. It is said that a citizen, Jonathan Sawyer, named it Dublin after the capital of his Irish homeland.

Centrally located in Middle Georgia, Dublin, chosen as a "City of Excellence" by Georgia Trend Magazine in January 2000, is strategically situated at the junction of Interstate 16 and U.S. Highway 441 and 319. U.S. 80 provides easy access from both east and west. The network of highways makes travel pleasant to major Georgia cities. 55 Minutes to Macon, 1 hour 55 minutes to the Atlanta Airport, and 1 hour 45 minutes to Savannah. Dublin was also selected as a Signature Community in January of 2007 by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.

((youtube id="SmIGDDTn5LM"))((/youtube))

+0
3/1/2009 4:35:26 PM

It has been snowing all day; however, selectively sticking in areas.  My son and I had fun taking pictures of this unusual March 1st weather.

The following is me styling my son's unfinished afgan.

This is my son Marvin and my spouse Herbert in front of my wilting Easter Lillies.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!