Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Red Flags
2/16/2009 6:02:18 AM

Yet again I received a spam ad in my messages today.

Apart from the fact that the link in our profiles says "Send Me A message" and not "Send Me your trash spam ads" there is another major disturbing factor.

I am seeing more and more web sites that display far too many RED FLAGS that are screaming out

"STAY AWAY AND DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION".

When people go to a site they are blinded by the hype and BS, promises of big earnings for doing nothing, and stupidly sign up.

Why do these sites have all this HYPE and BS? The answer is simple, to distract you from the fact they are hiding something.

When you go to a site No matter how good it sounds, YOU MUST LOOK for the following and READ them BEFORE you give any information.

Look for the links to

1. Terms of Service (TOS)

2. Privacy Policy

3. Information on how they say its supposed to work.

4. What does it Cost - especially if they say "Join Free" or "Free to Join" - common sense should tell you that if they say you can earn X amount that it means someone is going to have to pay something.
Usually once you have so blindly signed up for free you will find that you can NOT earn ANYTHING unless you upgrade to a monthly fee or make a one time payment.

Next time you are invited to join something STOP, THINK, and LOOK for the items I have listed, and if you cant find them, no matter how good it looks, DO NOT give any information.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Red Flags
2/16/2009 6:55:20 AM

Hi BJ,

You are so right!! This is so sad - especially now, when so many are so vulnerable to hype and BS.  This is valuable information, though sometimes I think we have to beat that into people before they believe we are telling the truth.  Some people just have to learn for themselves - the hard way, I am afraid.

Thumbs up for passing the information out there.  If only 1 person pays attention and heeds you warnings, it will have been worth your effort.

Thanks!

Judy

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/16/2009 11:07:12 AM

Hi Judy,

What gets me the most is that  it is idiots  that claim to be  internet marketers and or  coaches and or  mentors  that are the  ones that  do the most promoting of these sites.

All I can say  is they are  showing that  they have  no morals or ethics  and are only interested in people to squeeze every penny they can out of them.

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/27/2009 8:45:08 PM

this is a never ending  problem.

everyday  more sites open up with these major RED FLAGS all over tem

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!