Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Do you care about other peoples' businesses or are you just here to promote your own business?
1/24/2009 1:46:28 PM
Are you interested in other peoples' business opportunities or are you just trying to promote your own business?
+0
Re: Do you care about other peoples' businesses or are you just here to promote your own business?
1/24/2009 3:02:03 PM

Chris,

Very interesting question!  I've often wondered how others view the website.  It's not totally social and lots of people blatantly push their business.  I try to be in the middle.  Everytime I accept an invitation to be a Friend, I post a reply and inquire about what they are doing.  It is fascinating to see what some people of involved with.  There is such a variety out there and everyone has such different interest.  So yes, I believe I care and am interested in others.  That being said, I do like the opportunity to show people what I am involved in as it is a new venture and is wide open for tremendous results in the coming year.  Will look forward to hearing from others and their opinions.

Pat Harmeyer The Secret to Success in Life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. http://FinancialFutureIsHere.com HaveProsperityForever@gmail.com
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you care about other peoples' businesses or are you just here to promote your own business?
1/24/2009 3:23:09 PM

Chris

LOL - you learned fast - I was here for over a year before I woke up and realized Aldand is a great place to network and learn from others - but it is absolutely useless when it comes to business promoting.

For networking and learning from/with others it has incredible potential...... I say potential as not enough people seem too willing to share.... or they have not realized the significance that networking for the purpose of sharing knowledge can be for ones business.

I wrote a thread in my business tips forum on that very point.

Here it is!

The tools available for upgraded membership "almost" make being a paid member here worth while. LOL The photo Gallery, the autoresponder, the TE tools and the extra forums, like I said, "almost" make upgrading worth while.

I will however, remain a paid member for those reasons.

Check out my forum thread on this topic... and I hope we can network and learn with/from each other.

I'm personally giving Aldand another shot..... and I'm forgeting about marketing here with any hopes of recruiting - just share and learn.

That in time will build any business..... that being said,  I still suggest advertising here.

Advertsing here is not to get other members here to join your business.
... rather is only for the back links to ones offers. That will make a difference in google searches, but that is the real and only resaon at all to advertise ones actual business.

Love - Light - Laughter

Neil Sperling.
+0
1/24/2009 3:52:37 PM
I have always been interested in seeing what business others have made a success with. However, these days, people are more interested in pushing their own "businesses" than in checking out others.

This trend seems to be unstoppable and in almost every network, social or otherwise, you are swamped with links and requests to join this or that. This flood of advertisements becomes annoying and I believe people just hit the delete button without even bothering to check the links out.

One thing that makes me immediately hit the delete button are those pre-written emails or messages that many programs supply to their members. They start out with something like: "Dear <firstname>...". The sender often doesn't even bother to change where it says "<Firstname>".

How hard is it to write your own message to promote a business that you really believe is of interest and will be profitable to others?

Another thing about these links that you receive is that I often wonder just how long the sender of them has been in the "business" themselves. Have they proven that it is really profitable and that it will most certainly benefit their "friends" in the social networks?

I have two businesses that bring me in a very nice income that has allowed me to retire from the rat race and work from home. 50% of that income is then invested in a Forex account that I have that doubles my investments every month or two.

Of course, I have had some losses in Forex but the profits far outstrip those losses and the real benefit is that it is money that comes from my businesses anyway and not truly out of my own pocket!

If you are interested in what my businesses are, just send me a message and I will send you the links.
Johnny
+0
1/24/2009 8:17:21 PM

Neil,

I have been learning a lot the last couple of months.  My reason for this post, aside from the obvious was to gather feed back to confirm my gut feelings about this site.  It is useful for gathering information about other peoples' businesses.  It is also useful for weeding out the  blatant scams that people are involved with. 

Most people do not bother researching the company they get involved with.  They are just out to make a quick buck, or so they think.  Most of the time they lose money and they find out too late to do anything about it. 

I have actually made a couple of close friends.  Who have offered freely their advice and honesty expecting nothing in return.  To those couple of individuals I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks for the post.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!