Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Missing Files On Startup
1/10/2009 11:53:31 PM

Welcome Friends and Visitors

When I first started on the computer this happened several times, it was frustrating because I didn't know what to do. I needed my tech help one day and I ask him, today I'm sharing the tip to you.

Don't forget to add it to your "Computer Tips" file, you never know when you'll need it!

Missing Files On Startup

When you start Windows and an error message shows up saying that it can't find a file, you click OK and everything seems alright. You ask yourself, how can you get rid of that annoying message?

This usually occurs when you've uninstalled something that normally loaded when you started Windows. The program is gone, but there is still a reference to it floating somewhere. First thing to do is write down the name of the file that it says is missing.

Here's a quick way to find it, use msconfig (win98 or higher). Click your Start button, Run, and type in "msconfig" (no quotes) and hit OK.

Click the Startup tab and try to locate the program that is causing the error message. Usually if you look at the end of the "Command" column you can find the file name that Windows claims it can't find. Once located, just uncheck it and hit OK.

Make sure you pay attention to what you're unchecking so if you uncheck the wrong item, you can go back and re-check it if necessary. Once you're done, reboot and see if that error message is gone.

I've been off-line since April, tonight I posted #1 Horse Injury on my blog for the interested.

(¨`•.•´¨) Always
`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) Keep
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ Smiling!
``•.¸.•´´

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Missing Files On Startup
1/12/2009 12:11:45 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Re: Missing Files On Startup
1/12/2009 12:09:25 PM

Hi

Nick, thank YOU so much for the beautiful roses!

Also, thanks to your friendship too and YOU... have a wonderful day!

Success to YOU

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!