Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Name MARY
1/2/2009 9:17:39 PM

Hello Jill

Thank you for the comment and your wishes. Everything was great here. I hope you had great holidays.

UNIVERSAL MOTHER

“Shri Ma” –

From the Album Universal Mother Medicine Music

Click on the picture (SONG –VIDEO-clip)

The Essence Of The Universal Mother

Shri Ma, Kali Ma, Adhi Ma, Pahi Ma

It is the supreme power of the Universal Mother

That makes all things possible

She is worshipped as the embodiment of the Divine.

There is nothing sweeter in this world

than the love of a mother for a child

When we worship the Universal Mother

With intense faith and devotion

Her grace can grant us self realization

and bring forth the enjoyment of supreme bliss.

Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2009 9:09:31 PM

Dear Georgios,

Thank you for this thread. There are few things more intriguing than the origin of words, and more particularly of names.

Adding to the cumulus of fascinating information on the origin of the name Maria or Mariam (Mary), I venture to quote the following:

“It is not accidental that the name of the Buddha’s mother is Mâyâ” (such as, among the Greeks, Maia is Hermes’ mother); also the relationship that some have wanted to establish between the names Mâyâ and Maria is based on it. (A.K. Coomaraswami).

Another great erudite, René Guénon, remarks in one of his articles: “We may remember that the month May takes its name after Maia, Mercury’s mother (whom is said to be one of the Pleiades), to whom it was consecrated of old; well now, for Christianity it has become “the month of Mary” through an assimilation, which no doubt is not only phonetic, between Maria and Maia.”  

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2009 8:22:33 AM
Hello Luis Miquel!

Once upon the time Greeks conquered the whole world. Searching the Google we will find ancient Greek reference or at least the White Mediterranean race in a all continents. I can tell you that in Chile there are Indians claiming to be ancient Spartans. There are at least 35 villages that still today speak ancient Greek in China. Another name for Cambodia is YONA which comes from Ionian Greeks. In Island of easter there is a proverb referring to one of the Island. Mata Kite Rane In barbarian greek it means "Eyes watching heaven". Maya, Maia, Μαια, are all same and even the Mayans. Remember that Maia's mother was Electra, an Atlantide (daughter of Atlas) who was on of Oceanus.

I have not found any source on Maia - Mary (May month of Mary). It can be as you say. I will keep an eye on this.

Some weeks back I saw a scientific documentary film about the first Americans who lived there 20.000 years back. The sculls and the DNA shows they were a European and not Sino-Mongolian race. Scolars say that the Inka chiefs but also the Navaho and other Indians were white and blue eyed.

Each day we learn something new.

Happy Week End
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!