Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Great announcement for Native Americans
5/23/2015 2:14:57 AM
Hi Myrna,

I always sign the Petitions myself as well. Not sure if it helps, but we can always hope. My favorite part of the Site was about the Navajo Code Talkers. They have always fascinated me over the years. Imagine, the Code has never been broken!

Anyway, thanks for continuing this educational and interesting Forum. It never disappoints.

Here's an interesting Video for Memorial Day...

Have A Terrific Memorial Day My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Great announcement for Native Americans
5/25/2015 12:05:15 AM
Hi Phil, a good friend sent me this, it is full of love.

May

Words Of Wisdom From A Native American Icon

Posted by

Last week, I shared an article with you about sacred women’s wisdom that has spread across the internet like wild fire, sparking a growing conversation about enlightened gender roles, the true meaning of strength, and the importance of family.

The inspiration for this piece came from an interview we filmed with the legendary Lakota elder Russell Means and his wife Pearl a few summers ago. I’ve spoken with many wisdom keepers in my life, but this talk stands out as one of the highlights of my career.

To put it simply, Russell was one of my heroes growing up. You see, aside from being one of the most polarizing figures in the American Indian struggle, he was also a widely known Hollywood actor, who played a powerful role in my favorite movie of all time, Last of the Mohicans.

Because of his image as an activist and fearless leader, we thought Russell’s words would be warrior-like in nature with a focus on honor, courage, and the willingness to die for what you believe in.

We were wrong.

In the video we’ve shared below, you will bear witness as the strong-minded elder softens in the presence of his loving wife. The two kindred souls share pearls of golden wisdom that only age can teach. In a touching demonstration of his infinite respect for her, Russell defers to Pearl in the first half of the video, waiting until she is finished to add his two cents.

We did not know it then, but this would be the iconic Means’ last interview ever. His life ended just months after this video was shot.

I still remember the fear-tinged excitement that my dear friend Shannon Kring and I felt on the drive over to his house. We had no idea what type of welcome to expect.

But, upon walking into the room and shaking his hand, Russell told us that he had agreed to meet with us because he trusted we would help preserve the wisdom of his people. In the hour that followed, he showed us a side of himself that few people ever saw.

I hope we have succeeded in honoring his trust.

Stay curious,

Nick Polizzi
Director, The Sacred Science

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/28/2015 7:56:06 PM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for sharing this great Interview with Russell Means. One of my personal Heroes.

Just wanted to stop by and share this Blessing. It always makes me think of you...

A Friendship Blessing

"Here's a Wish List for my Special Friends,
To bring them Contentment before the day's end.
A Pinch of Faith and a Cupful of Hope,
A Handful of Courage to help them cope.
An Abundance of Health and a Heart Full of Love,
All brought down to them from their Angels above."
- Mary Jac -

May Our Lord Bless You & Keep You,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2015 6:38:28 PM
Hi Phil,

always like to answer your post. I found something different which I feel is a celebration to the Indians.

Indigenous Wisdom and Healing with Evon Peter

Sat, 16 May 2015 08:00:00 PDT
“Our inability to adequately address the many critical issues facing American people today are symptoms of a United States that harbors a tainted heart. Reconciling our relationship with American Indian nations is the first step to building a foundation upon which life, liberty, and justice can be attained for all.”
— Evon Peter

Indigenous leader Evon Peter (featured in THRIVE) is the Vice Chancellor for Rural, Community and Native Education at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. He is Neetsaii Gwich’in and Koyukon (Native American) from Arctic Village, where he served three years as tribal Chief. Evon dedicates his life to indigenous justice.

Tune in for his messages about the meaning of success, integrity and manipulation of vulnerable communities.

Read a transcript of the audio (to translate the transcript, choose your language at the top of this page)

Questions to Consider:

• How do we heal with Indigenous people and with other persecuted populations?
  • What role do these cultures and have in our next phase of evolution?
  • What can be done to prevent these cultures and their values from being completely wiped out?
  • In what ways do indigenous values touch your life?

Evon is also the director of The Indigenous Leadership Institute, a non-profit organization that supports young leaders in their quest to create a more sustainable, peaceful world while remaining grounded in their diverse spiritual and traditional backgrounds.

To learn more about Evon and his work:

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2015 8:23:53 PM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for such a powerful message and thanks also for the links. Now you know why this is one of my Favorite Forums.

Here's a Special Prayer that I thought might like...

Native American Prayer Oh, Great Spirit Whose voice I hear in the winds, And whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me, I am small and weak, I need your strength and wisdom. Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice. Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people. Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock. I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself. Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes. So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my Spirit may come to you without shame. (translated by Lakota Sioux Chief Yellow Lark in 1887)
Have A Blessed & Beautiful Weekend My Friend,
Phil
+1