Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10 ways to be a better Father
8/27/2005 11:13:04 AM
10 ways to be a better Dad- Ten things every Father needs to know and do!! Talking With Kids About Tough Issues Special Focus on Dads 10 Ways to be a Better Dad | What It Takes to be a Dad Playing An Active Role | Introduction 10 Ways to be a Better Dad Ten Things Every Father Needs to Know ... And Do! Spend Time With Your Children How a father spends his time tells his children what's important to him. If you always seem too busy for your children, they will feel neglected no matter what you say. Treasuring children often means sacrificing other things, but it is essential to spend time with your children. Kids grow up so quickly. Missed opportunities are lost forever. Earn The Right To Be Heard All too often the only time a father speaks to his children is when they have done something wrong. That's why so many children cringe when their mother says, "Your father wants to talk with you." Begin talking with your kids when they are very young so that difficult subjects will be easier to handle as they get older. Take time and listen to their ideas and problems. Discipline With Love All children need guidance and discipline, not as punishment, but to set reasonable limits. Remind your children of the consequences of their actions and provide meaningful rewards for desirable behavior. Fathers who discipline in a calm and fair manner show love for their children. Be a Role Model Fathers are role models to their kids, whether they realize it or not. A girl who spends time with a loving father grows up knowing she deserves to be treated with respect by boys, and what to look for in a husband. Fathers can teach sons what is important in life by demonstrating honesty, humility and responsibility. Be a Teacher Too many fathers think teaching is something others do. But a father who teaches his children about right and wrong, and encourages them to do their best, will see his children make good choices. Involved fathers use everyday examples to help their children learn the basic lessons of life. Eat Together as a Family Sharing a meal together (breakfast, lunch or dinner) can be an important part of healthy family life. In addition to providing some structure in a busy day, it gives kids the chance to talk about what they are doing and want to do. It is also a good time for fathers to listen and give advice. Most importantly, it is a time for families to be together each day. Read to Your Children In a world where television often dominates the lives of children, it is important that fathers make the effort to read to their children. Children learn best by doing and reading, as well as seeing and hearing. Begin reading to your children when they are very young. When they are older, encourage them to read on their own. Instilling your children with a love for reading is one of the best ways to ensure they will have a lifetime of personal and career growth. Show Affection Children need the security that comes from knowing they are wanted, accepted and loved by their family. Parents, especially fathers, need to feel both comfortable and willing to hug their children. Showing affection every day is the best way to let your children know that you love them. Respect Your Children's Mother One of the best things a father can do for his children is to respect their mother. If you are married, keep your marriage strong and vital. If you're not married, it is still important to respect and support the mother of your children. A father and mother who respect each other, and let their children know it, provide a secure environment for them. When children see their parents respecting each other, they are more likely to feel that they are also accepted and respected. Realize That A Father's Job Is Never Done Even after children are grown and ready to leave home, they will still look to their fathers for wisdom and advice. Whether it's continued schooling, a new job or a wedding, fathers continue to play an essential part in the lives of their children as they grow and, perhaps, marry and build their own families. Many blessings,kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Paul Davey

488 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: 10 ways to be a better Father
8/27/2005 11:38:51 AM
Hi Kathy, is it fathers day today or what LOL. Any way what you have just written is just plain good old comman sense. I hope that more people will take heed, there are so many unruley kids out there. I for one DO BLAME THE PARENTS. To Ya Paul
PAUL DAVEY aka Soldier Blue This is What all Clever Adlanders are doing now. You need to take a serious look at this.. We provide traders a simple, easy to follow binary option signal service that can be used with Nadex FREE TRAINING for the novice, easy to follow methods for winning trading binary options. So if you are learning trading or just want a reliable source of signals check us out.
+0
Louis Pominville

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/27/2005 11:54:05 AM
hello Kathy, Again, a very good reminder for all of us Fathers. Anyone can be a parent (well almost, but to be a Father or a Mother is totally different and I appreciate you remonding us about being a good Father. I want to share a little story that's already over 30 yeaars old. My wife, then, had this habit od telling our children;"Wait till your Father gets home!" This one time, my oldest son, Stéphane was about 6-7 years old and during the day had tried smoking with one of the little neighbours who ratted on him. So, I get home, and I am told, your son is in the bedroom and ...this is what he did; now you have to deal with this and give him a spanking. Now, my son was not afraid of me because whenever this occured in the past, I would just spend some with him and talk and explain things. But this time, his Mom was so furious that she stormed in the bedromm and wrestled the belt from my pants ( I did not fight her - I was laughing to hard) and then she proceeded to give me the belt and ordered me to hit him. I said No and then she started hitting me with the belt, so I got it. It was sad, but just to funny and since that time, she never used this:"Wait until your Father gets home routine". I was fortunate to have an excellent communication with Stéphane until his passing away 1 1/2 year ago (from selective surgery complications)and I do maintain this same openess with my three other children and all grandchildren. We have been divorced approx. 20 years and my ex and I still are friendly and very helpful with all of the children and granchildren. I do not even to worry about wearing a belt - unless I need it to hold my pants. All the best and God bless, Louis http://www.give1get4.net Guest code 805323 http://www.louisp.explorecoastal.com
+0
8/27/2005 12:05:10 PM
Hi Kathy, Another bit of your wisdom unvales.. I love reading your posts. They help me reflect on life and love and all that is good. We need to do that every once in a while. If not more often. Curtis Hunter MY SITES VWD
By helping others to Win we all Win Southweb1 Design & Hosting
Inexpensive website hosting and domain registration
+0
8/27/2005 1:16:17 PM
hello Kathy, Again, a very good reminder for all of us Fathers.
http://www.papierre.com
I'm obligated to share this with you and everyone I'm connected too... It's literally saving lives and giving hope back to many sufferers! Including myself :) http://www.papcashflow.net
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!