Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: WARNING to ADLANDPRO members.
8/26/2005 8:43:31 PM
Thanks Anthony I Went to Max's forum and am glad i did good warning Cheers Dennis
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/26/2005 9:19:44 PM
HI Anthony, Thanks for that. :)
+0
8/26/2005 9:32:18 PM
Hi, Thank you for this important information. Best Wishes, Sweetgrame (Roz)
+0
Jerome Pfeifer

316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/26/2005 10:33:56 PM
Hi Anthony, I have been to that site, and thought it to be very nice, I did not get any of the file downloads that he got. Altho, I wrote a warning about the latest virus the other day. w32/ircbot.worm!ms05-039 is a high risk worm. You can be infected simply by going online. Once infected, your system may restart continuously. Up-to-date VirusScan users are protected from this threat. This is a direct result of it: DSO EXPLOIT - Data Source Object Exploit (Registry Change) HKEY_USERS\,DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\Zones\0 \1004!=W=3 To fix that you need to follow that key, edit 1004 change the Hexadecimal to 3 because it is trying to shutdown your antivirus software. And don't stop there go and check all the other keys that are pertaining to that. Next you should check the Boot.ini file, it has probably been erased. Here is the 411 on it: Click on start and go to msconfig, click on the boot.ini tab and see if it is there. If not than click on search and serach for it, once you have the container that it is in, open it, if it is empty than you have to paste the code back in it. Here is the code for the Boot.ini file: [boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="windows XP"/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN/FASTDETECT That might not be for your OS so do this: If you need more information on this go here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022 A lot of people are having the same problem and you can get help here without re-installing the OS. Go here now: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Or use your Help and Support Page to get to it. After you have done all of that re-scan and reboot. Hope that helps. Like I said it did not come from that site, just going around. Be Safe! JP
Jerome Contact EM: 190053@adlandpro.com $250 In FREE Advertising
+0
8/26/2005 10:45:39 PM
thxs,for the info.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!