Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
OSHA should regulate housework
9/26/2008 10:41:27 AM

As a woman, wife, and mom, I am the one who generally takes care of the household tasks, from doing the dishes to cleaning the toilet.  I am also the one who complains that I don't get paid enough to do all this crap.   Would I have gotten more help if I complained that these jobs were killing me or making me sick?  Probably not.

When my company first introduced our line of natural home care products, they talked about how great these products were for people with allergies, asthma or other respiratory conditions.  I don't have any of those and thought I never had any issues that would require me to be careful about what products I use in my home.   I purchased the products anyway so I could say the worked.  

They work very well.   Being a little frugal and having no reason to throw out the store brand stuff, I kept the stuff, just in case.   Good thing I did too, I ran out of my all purpose cleaner and I wasn't going to pay big bucks for overnight shipping.   Cleaning couldn't wait until UPS drove to my door to deliver my all purpose cleaner either.    I got my once loved store brand all purpose cleaner, sprayed and immediately started coughing from the harsh mist that was floating through the air.   I have been using these products for a long time starting when my parents started training me for a career in housekeeping and I don't remember coughing.  I'm guessing I built up a good tolerance to all those nasty chemicals so I never noticed that I could come up with a better excuse than "I don't get paid enough."  

I'm a pretty slow learner and a little bit disorganized so I didn't notice I was out of dish soap and again the dishes couldn't wait for UPS to drive up to my door.   I got out the old store brand dish soap did the dishes and moved on to the next task.  I noticed about a half hour later that my hands hurt with a slight burning sensation and looked at my hands.  They not only hurt but looked like I was at least 10 yrs older.  

As a woman, the last thing I want is to look older so the store brand dish soap is in the trash.  As a mom, I was responsible for the health and well being of my daughter and I am feeling a bit guilty for using these products in her presence.  She is 28 now and she still reminds me how horrible I was to give her household chores.  I don't feel bad for teaching her responsibility, I feel bad for not handing her a cleaner that wouldn't make her sick.

Doesn't it always seem like you solve one problem and create other problems.   I really need some help to come up with some good excuses to get out of cleaning house.   I can't use the it's making me sick excuse and since I get paid to use these products and tell other people, I'm losing the don't get paid enough excuse too.

Oh I know, I can't do it cause UPS hasn't shown up yet. 

If you are looking for your own excuse to get out of housework, please don't use the It's making me sick excuse because it isn't an excuse it is a reality.

Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and try some of my great products or better yet get a great discount on products and get paid to use them and show other people how they can save and earn too.

Laurie

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!