Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Don't just sign up for a hosting account
9/21/2008 4:29:50 AM

Don't just sign up for a hosting account.

One mistake many people make, especially those just starting out, is to rush out and get a domain name and a hosting package and then it just sits there with nothing on it while they figure out what they want to do with the site and then build it.

Your first step should always be decide what you are going to do with your site then find an appropriate domain name that is available. You can register the domain name before you invest in hosting but you will probably find it beneficial to talk to your proposed web host first. Should you choose LowCost-Webspace I will help you in choosing a domain name suitable to what you need and you will also be able to decide what type of hosting package you need before you even start making your site.

Click here to read  more....

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Don't just sign up for a hosting account
9/21/2008 8:04:57 PM

Thanks, Bill. 

Where were you with that bit of advice a couple of years ago?  I rushed out and got the domain name for Bird Eseentials and picked up the hosting package at the same time.  The a couple of months later when i was ready to launch Bird Essentials as an etail site, discovered the it needed a different kind - at least that is what I remember .  The bottom line is that I had spend a couple of months paysing for something that wouldn't fit my needs.

It's great advice - I sure hope some who need it get the message.

Judy

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Don't just sign up for a hosting account
9/22/2008 3:16:35 AM

Hi Judy,

I can tell you exactly where I was a couple of years ago.

I was just starting out and still an unproven quantity  in the hosting business :-)

I also did not know  one tenth of what I know now about  hosting  and  how to figure out what a client needed.

Time and experience  has changed that and now  providing the potential client talks to me BEFORE doing anything  with a little effort  from me and  TRUST by the client that i wont steal their idea's  we figure things out.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!