Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO VOTE FOR THE 47th PHOTO OF THE WEEK
9/18/2008 1:45:09 PM

Congratulations Joe!

Great photo ... lol ... share the views of many ... not my favorite subject!

Vote is cast for the next Photo of the Week

Sincerely,

Terry

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/18/2008 4:05:03 PM

Hello Team,

Whew!!  Just did make it!

Congratulations Joe.  I happen to be quite fond of Snakes.  Matter of fact, I have a Boa named Leroy, that is often quite attached to me as well. 

Great Pictures each week and the choices get more difficult.  Thank Heavens that little Calves are so adorable.  Thanks Val for sharing.

My Vote is in.

Good luck to you all.

Have A Happy Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2008 11:43:07 PM
Hi Brother Joe!

^5 on your winning photo, did you make ka-bobs after the photo was taken?  Do they really taste like chicken too?

This one wouldn't be a challenge for Walker-Texas Ranger though. :P

Have a pleasant day...your OREO bro Steven.

PS...see you at the games!!

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2008 2:36:01 PM

CONGRATULATIONS once again on a Great Picture Joe!

Actually Steven, it tastes more like Steak, albeit White Steak.  You know, "Rattlesnake, the other White Meat!".

Of course, to really get fresh Rattlesnake, you'll need to travel down to Sweetwater, Texas, for the annual Rattlesnake Roundup.   Since it began in the 1950s, the Roundup has harvested nearly a quarter-million pounds of Rattlesnake Meat. From barbecued to the main meat ingredient in that famous Texas chili, Rattlesnake Meat rakes in both tourist and local Sweetwater residents’ money like nothing else. 

Fortunately, I wear a hat most times when I go out in the Sun, so I've haven't tried Rounding Up Rattlesnakes just yet, however, we do have a local "Fancy" restaurant that serves the delicacy daily, right along beside the Ostrich and the Buffalo.  It really is quite tasty.  By the way, don't tell my Boa, Leroy, that I said that.

If in a weak moment, you should decide to try the fresh variety, here's a good recipe that you might like.  After cutting off the head, skinning and thoroughly washing, cut the rattlesnake meat into three-inch pieces. Roll in a mixture of flour, cracker crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Deep-fry ‘til golden brown at medium-high heat. Serve with French-fried potatoes, coleslaw and plenty of ice-cold beer on the side. Enjoy!

Have An Awesome Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2008 9:20:00 AM

Phil,

Kansas rattlesanck does taste like chicken. I know for a fact, I was tricked into eating it years ago. It is quite good I must say.

Congratulations again JOE!!!

Blessings

Valerie Clavin

Hugs = Priceless

Glimpse

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!