Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: B4 You Vote - Both USA and Canada - listen to these audios
9/11/2008 11:28:40 AM
Neil,

Thanks for sharing the audios and scripts.  I've been aware of the "money" issues for quite some time.  None of us should be getting too tied up and invested in government monies.

I'll need lots of time to go through these, but they certainly look like a lot of food for the wise.

Thanks,

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 11:58:20 AM

Joe

Thanks for the comment - trouble is when you invest in non- government ways - mutual funds stocks and the like - the money ends up in the hands that control the government anyway....

After you have listened to a couple of the audios - I would love to hear your thoughts on them.

Neil
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 1:01:34 PM

Hi Neil,

Here's the link to the Saddleback Civil Forum that took place in August.  The same questions were asked of Barack Obama and John McCain.  This is 2 hours.  A lot of people from USA may not have seen it yet either:

http://www.saddlebackcivilforum.com/thepresidency/index.html

+0
John Evans

13 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/11/2008 1:20:59 PM

What do I think?

Some truth, a lot of fiction.

On the monetary side "It's a zero sum game" is laughable.

Since I have a little bit more of an opinion on manmade global warming, I'll opine  about that.

I have some climatological experience in my background and I have paid close attention to our atmosphere and beyond into our solar sytem & universe  for about 38 years, I was especially entertained by the garbage science about co2 and global warming and the silly redistribution of money solutions it has produced to alter our atmosphere.

Acid rain, is a real thing and produced real solutions. Ozone hole is questionable, but was easy to remedy potential manmade problems, so no big deal.

The Kyoto Treaty, Cap & Trade, and many other insidious solutions are wealth redistribution and have nothing to do with really addressing the Global Climate Crisis if there is one.

The crisis is manmade, not global warming. Ask the first scientist that brought it up as a crisis. He now says he was wrong, or as the man who founded The Weather Channel, John Coleman.

Ask why the computer madels used to scare us have all been found to not be accurate at all since the models  don't take into effect all the variables that should be considered. Or as in the United Nations computer model reports they've got caught for the multiplying by 10 times the bad stuff entered into the computers to produce the results they wanted. I could go on forever about the misinformation that has been produced.

An example of silly solutions for perceived problems;

Ethanol isn't going to help the ozone layer or reduce co2 and will produce toxins into the atmosphere different than those from gasoline. Cleaner than gasoline in some respects, but the production and use is not worth the effort using corn or present technolgy.

I live in an ethanol benefitting and producing state with an ethanol plant approximately 20 miles away for about 20 years now. It's a very poor solution produced to clean the air and reduce dependence on oil, but it gets politicians elected, so we throw outrageous amounts of tax money into the ethanol debacle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for all viable renewable energy sources, clean air and water. I especially like the creative juices flowing by very good people coming up with great ideas and products to replace dirty energy with clean energy.

I don't even like bridges and streets near waterways salted in winter. I'm for cleaning up everything we can and doing everything we can as clean as reasonably possible.

I love the real science and ideas being examined by the capitalist system as the buying market asks for new clean energy products and solutions to problems real or imagined.

I also like it, because there isn't such a thing as a ZERO SUM game when it comes to the capitalist system. It is an ever expanding system for the benefit for more and more people, just as the universe is ever expanding. More is created and someone will produce wherever there is a market.

As far as manmade global warming goes, for folks that need something to worry about, they would be better off concerning themselves with a reverse of the earths polarity and potential disruption of our magnetic shield.

Not worried about it myself in my lifetime, but it has more much validity for a future crisis for those chicken littles that need a crisis to attach to so as to feed their desire for something monumental to fear in life. I think their solutions to correct that potential global problem would be more entertaining than the manmade global warming joke that so many have attached themselves to.

For those of you that think you're the cause of global warming, please relax and don't blame yourself. Please don't hold your breath to reduce your co2 emissions. And if you got a little gas, don't suffer holding it in, It's a natural thing so let it rip.

While the earth has warmed as it has many times in its long life, So has Jupiter, Mars, Neptune and some other objects in our solar system. It's the suns fault, not yours.

Yes, you can fool some of the people all the time. 

Okay, I rambled on enough with my 2 cents worth. Maybe it's not worth that.

John

John Evans mimbiz.com
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2008 1:49:05 PM

Hey John,

Great post!  I remember studying this theory back in 1989 in my Geological classes.  It is a natural recordered event for the sun to began overheating the planets.  It has something to do with the planet's orbital patterns around the sun and solar flaring and the amount of radiation passing our way. 

I also remember the request for funds by certain professors to study the theory that in 350 million years the sun would suddenly burn out or slowly burn out until it could no longer sustain the energy to keep things alive on earth.  I never could understand the idea to spend money on things like this that do not matter for 1000s of generations.   I hope they didn't get the funds!  LOL!!!!

Money.  What is it really?  :)

Ah, Neil, I'll get to those audios soon.

Thanks,

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!