Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hello Ladies !
8/21/2008 12:06:32 PM
Thanks Nick for this opportunity to express my feelings.

Hi Shela,

Thank you for your views, I agree with you.  There is so much behind this story, that most people would not believe, we have been so mislead and lied to for so long it is time the truth comes out.  I do not trust most doctors, because they only know what they are told, but there is hidden truths.  There is more money in drugs for the
pharmaceutical companies, and on and on it goes.

I am so thankful for my chiropractor and his caring of his patients and him telling  the truth.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2008 12:19:30 PM
Hello Dear Sheila

Here is an article that you might be interested in as it is on the same subject you mentioned.

Since its first appearance in the early 1990s, the pink ribbon has become an iconic symbol of the search for a cure for breast cancer. Companies from Ford to KitchenAid to TicTac have pledged to donate part of the proceeds from certain products—known as “pink-ribbon” products—for research on a disease that strikes 200,000 American women a year.

But the San Francisco-based advocacy organization Breast Cancer Action (BCA) is concerned that some companies with pink-ribbon promotions in fact donate very little—or nothing. “It’s rare that we stumble on a complete scam,” says Executive Director Barbara Brenner—but it does happen. For instance, she says, “you see pink-ribbon magnets on the back of cars, and often those magnets are sold for private profit, and the money doesn’t go to breast cancer at all.”

Some pink promotions are simply misleading, Brenner says. Companies may use them to boost their images and sales, but they’re deliberately vague about where the money goes or how much they’ll donate to the cause.

“We often come across companies that just say, ‘A percentage of this product is going to breast cancer research,’ ” without specifying the amount or which organization will benefit, says Robbie Finke, director of marketing for the nonprofit Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF),  which raised roughly $15 million through pink partnerships last year. “If you don’t know where the money’s going to, don’t buy the product.”

Breast Cancer Action, which developed the Think Before You Pink campaign to push companies to be more transparent and accountable in selling pink-ribbon products, suggests that consumers ask the following questions before buying:

Where does the money go and how will it be used? If a program or charity isn’t listed on the product, contact the manufacturer and find out where the money is going. Charity-rating organizations, such as the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance, can tell you more about the recipient group and how it uses donations.

What percentage of the sale price is donated?  If the pink product doesn’t clearly state how much, check with the breast cancer organization that will benefit. BCRF, for instance, lists the pink products—from candles to shoes to vitamins—that its corporate partners offer and what percentage of each sale they’ll donate. You can get similar information from the Susan G. Komen for the Cure website, or by calling 1-877-465-6636.

You may also want to find if the company caps the donation it will make. If it does, there’s a chance the green from your pink purchase won’t go toward breast cancer at all.

Is the company really committed to the cause? Look out for “pinkwashers”—companies that purport to care about breast cancer by using pink-ribbon promotions but sell products that may be linked to breast cancer, such as foods containing growth hormones. BCA’s Brenner encourages people to state their objections. “Consumers drive a lot of what companies do,” she says.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2008 12:30:40 PM
Here is an article on breast cancer as being treatable without radiation and chemicals !

This is the second annual publication of NaturalNews's "Education, Not Medication" program designed to teach women the truth about how to prevent and even cure breast cancer. This disease is 90 percent preventable, mostly using completely free therapies. The breast cancer industry does not want women to be made aware of these free therapies because most of the better-known non-profits in the area of breast cancer are, themselves, dependant on revenues from the companies that profit from the disease.

The breast cancer industry is now run by corporations that profit from women who receive breast cancer treatments. With nearly all breast cancer nonprofits being subjugated by drug companies, the FDA censoring alternative cancer solutions, and the mainstream media wildly exaggerating the benefits of near-useless cancer drugs like Herceptin, there's hardly a message heard about breast cancer today that doesn't have a profit motive behind it.

"Breast cancer has been transformed into a market-driven industry. It has become more about making money for corporate sponsors than funding innovative ways to treat breast cancer." - Health Studies researcher Samantha King, author of Pink Ribbons Inc.

The emphasis on breast cancer "screening," and the circus of holding breast cancer awareness months is, of course, all about recruiting more women into a system of treatment that generates profits for drug companies. Using fear-based tactics of recruitment (like telling women, "You'll die in six months if you don't undergo chemotherapy..."), the breast cancer industry manages to corral women of all races and ages into treatments that actually harm far more women than they help. New research, for example, shows that certain classes of chemotherapy drugs are so dangerous to human health that they cause heart failure in many women who use them. The drugs are called anthracyclines, and the research was published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (October, 2007).

Chemotherapy is so dangerous to the heart, liver, kidneys and brain that the very act of screening for cancer tumors with mammography machines ultimately causes harm to most patients. Find that hard to believe? Researchers at the Nordic Cochrane Center in Denmark studied 500,000 women to determine the results of breast cancer screening programs. They found that for every one woman helped by breast cancer screening, ten were harmed through false diagnosis or unnecessary treatments that devastated their health.

"What seems like good and obvious advice in everyday life is not always scientifically or medically sound", said Peter Gotzsche, MD, director of the center. "So we might say there is a benefit of one but a harm of 10 from screening for breast cancer." You can read more about that story at www.NaturalNews.com/020829.html

In other words, breast cancer screening is surprisingly harmful to women. That's partly because the procedure itself irradiates the breast tissue and actually causes cancer, but also because practically any screening result producing a questionable blur on the final image may result in a woman being manipulated through fear into undergoing aggressive, toxic cancer treatments even when they never had breast cancer in the first place. (False positives are extremely common in breast cancer screening, and in some cases, the machinery is incorrectly calibrated and doesn't even meet radiology standards.)
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2008 12:38:12 PM
Dear Friend Sara !

Once or twice a year I like to get this information out to anybody who will listen and there are so many facts on different levels it is a lot to take in !

Breast lumps aren’t the only possible sign of breast cancer, and most breast lumps aren’t cancer. Read about the signs, symptoms, and types of breast cancer.

Symptoms

This article is a brief overview of breast cancer symptoms.

Warning Signs

Read about the possible warning signs of breast cancer. But don’t jump to conclusions; breast cancer diagnosis must be done by doctors.

Types

Invasive breast cancers have spread beyond the milk ducts and milk-making glands to other breast tissue. This link will take you to a web site that explains invasive breast cancer.

Read about Paget’s disease of the nipple, a rare form of breast cancer.

Breast cancer recurrence (return) is possible after treatment, and it doesn’t always come back to the breast. This detailed article is all about breast cancer recurrence.

Breast cancer is generally seen in women after menopause. But it can strike much earlier. Learn about breast cancer in young women.

Breast cancer in pregnancy is very rare. But it can happen. Learn how breast cancer in pregnancy is handled.

The vast majority of breast cancer patients are women. But every year, about 1,700 U.S. men get breast cancer. This article has the facts on male breast cancer.

Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare type of breast cancer in which the breast appears swollen and inflamed. It doesn’t always involve a lump. Learn more about inflammatory breast cancer.

Complications

Breast cancer treatments are powerful medicine and can have side effects. Read about common breast cancer treatment side effects.

These drawings and descriptions illustrate cancer-related anemia (shortage of red blood cells, which carry oxygen to every part of the body.)

Lymphedema is abnormal fluid build-up, usually in the arms or legs, and it needs prompt treatment. Learn about lymphedema and breast cancer.

Breast cancer treatments may affect young women’s ability to bear children. Learn how that issue can be addressed.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2008 1:53:15 PM
Hi Nck,

You are one of the good guys.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0