Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
It seems illiteracy is on the rise in Adland
7/25/2008 12:06:48 PM

Yes believe it or not  it appears we are getting  more and  more members here  in Adland  that are  illiterate!

It is either that   or they are just down right ignorant.

I have just deleted  another  two posts  by 2 different  members  that were nothing more than blatant spam  posts despite the fact  that  in my forum description it says 

quote" This is a moderated forum due to people posting ads despite my request not to do so. "unquote

To those two  I say this   - wake up  and smell the coffee - How you can ever hope to do business with serious people   when you show yourselves to be nothing less that  low life spammers   is beyond  me.

You get people wanting to work with you  when you show  you have ethical work standards, and  posting ads  where it is  clearly stated  they are not wanted  is  definitely not an ethical work standard.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It seems illiteracy is on the rise in Adland
7/25/2008 1:12:54 PM

Bill,  This situation has more to do with how you respond than it has to do with the offender. 

Not new but consider this:

1) New people read the title of the site ADLAND and assume this is the place to put ads.

2) Most posters do not read the forum description and in far too many cases do not read the forum post.

What is sad is when you see "seasoned" Adlanders, people of position, post an ad, sparklie, or other non-constribtuting materials to a forum post. One can only assume their emotions ran away with their thinking cap. They just had to get their face shown on that prominate forum and just slip an ad in their for good measure.

It takes empathy, understanding and a ton of forgiveness to function here.  The "loose screws" will always abound here.  Reverse your premise....you would not like to join their business but just maybe you can encourage them to join you and you can mentor them.

At any rate don't let your response ruin your day.

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 4:04:59 PM
Hi Bill!

Yes, there was a 'spam tornado' out of control in our community yesterday.  Leaving behind a trail of disrespect and 100% pure ignorance!!  Visiting sacred places where they had no right to be.

So, now we must 'shore up' once again, regroup and watch each others backs as we usually do with our special friends here.

My forum got hit, so I banned the abuser!!  WOW, they got real far with me...NOT!!

When these happenings occur, communication really opens up and ALP grows stronger as the result.

Nice seeing you today my friend!!

Have a pleasant weekend...your OREO friend Steven.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 4:43:58 PM

More power to your elbow my friend.

You will here some good positive stuff from me soon.

Keep the faith my friend.

Roger

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 8:59:29 AM
Hi BJ,

Yep , sure nuff fools and idiots  are rampant just about everywhere you look !

I got one in my prayer and verse forum yesterday as well and even in my PM here at Adland ..

Blessings

Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!