Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Old Age Is A Gift
7/3/2008 11:52:51 AM

Hi Nick,

There you go again!  I started the morning feeling a little down, then lo and behold, I opened my email, there you were, and now I am ready face the day with a Smile.  Thanks my Good Friend.

Always Remember...

Now that I think about it, there are a few things I've learned since I have gotten older..

* I started out with nothing, I still have most of it.
* My wild oats have turned to prunes and All Bran.
* I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
* Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.
* If all is not lost, where is it?
* It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
* Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.
* I wish the buck stopped here, I could use a few.
* Kids in the back seat may cause accidents; accidents in the back seat may cause kids.
* It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
* Only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.
* If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
* When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?
* It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere!
* The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

You know how sometimes you do just don't feel quite like yourself?  Beware, something like this might happen to you as well...

Thought I'd let my doctor check me,
'Cause I didn't feel quite right. . .
All those aches and pains annoyed me
And I couldn't sleep at night.

He could find no real disorder
But he wouldn't let it rest.
What with Medicare and Blue Cross,
We would do a couple tests.

To the hospital he sent me
Though I didn't feel that bad.
He arranged for them to give me
Every test that could be had.

I was fluoroscoped and cystoscoped,
My aging frame displayed.
Stripped, on an ice cold table,
While my gizzards were x-rayed.

I was checked for worms and parasites,
For fungus and the crud,
While they pierced me with long needles
Taking samples of my blood.

Doctors came to check me over,
Probed and pushed and poked around,
And to make sure I was living
They then wired me for sound.

They have finally concluded,
Their results have filled a page.
What I have will someday kill me;
My affliction is OLD AGE.

Two older ladies were Chatting one evening,  and not wanting to be outdone, Hattie Mae began telling Priscilla about how exciting her life was...

"Frankly, I have become quite a frivolous old gal since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life since then. I am seeing five gentlemen every day. As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed. I immediately go to see John. After that Charlie Horse comes along, and he really takes a lot of my time and attention.

When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up and stays for the rest of the day. However, he doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he just takes me from joint to joint. Finally after such a busy tiring day, I'm really glad to be able to go to bed with Ben Gay. What a life!!

By the way, the preacher came by the other day. He said at my age, I should be thinking about the hereafter. I told him, 'Oh I do all the time. No matter where I am, in the parlor, upstairs, in the kitchen or down in the basement, I ask myself...'What am I here after?'"

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/3/2008 6:56:41 PM

Hi Nick

Mate, that's all true. Speaking for myself, I'm happier in my old older age because a lot of stuff has been ironed out over the years. I've found that a new car doesn't make you happy for long, after a couple of months it's back to being just a car. Other material objects fade over time and become useless items. Money is not a substitute for happiness. The simple things in life excite me more now, even watching shadows play on the wall on a summer's afternoon.

It's taken 34 years, but my wife and I finally understand what makes each other tick! It's amazing how she finds something to occupy herself if I want to watch the football or do something she's not keen about. And it's usually more interesting than what I'm doing anyway, drat it!

Anyone play Lawn Bowls over there?

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/3/2008 10:44:50 PM

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the strong dose of LAUGHTER..........my jaws hurt!

We invite all nations to celebrate with Americans Online this Fourth of July

Happy Birthday, America!

A Tribute

JULY 4, 2008
THE UNANIMOUS DECLARATION OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE WORLD
EMPOWERING PEACE NOW!
On July 4, We can all join to Empower a NEW Declaration
of Independence  for the United States of America
AND THE WORLD!
Let your Voice be Heard
Happy Birthday, America!

We wish you a Happy Safe Holiday,  Cal and Jill

+0
7/4/2008 12:20:34 AM
Hello Nick,

I can always count on you for a picker upper LOL, Lord knows I needed that laugh.  We are all afflicted with old age but I don't feel my age and yes my hair is turning gray but it's not mean because there is snow on the roof that there isn't any fire in the chimney lol.  Well gravity also comes along at least you discover something new in a new spot and that's adventure.
I shall miss you when I'm on vacation.  Take care Nick, and have a wonderful 4th of July.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2008 1:38:33 AM
Hi Nick,

I am smiling and a few wonderful tears came through. Very odd! LOL

I saved the first pic/gif (old lady) thinking that was the one I'd use as an avi elsewhere...but then the one 'What do you mean getta life?' I also saved... that will definitely be used! LOL...

have a wonderful weekend
Beth  
+0