Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Your Yearly Dementia Test
6/21/2008 10:34:29 PM
   This is...

Your Yearly Dementia Test

It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer. OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast,' give up now and do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2. Say 'silk' five times.
Now spell 'silk.'

What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk', don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World. However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,' why the hell are you still reading these??? If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .) Anyway, during the flight, two engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of 'no man's land' between East Germany and West Germany . Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany , West Germany , or no man's land'?

Answer: You don't bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and you must stop. If you said, 'You don't bury survivors', proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to MilfordHaven in Wales In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. InCardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on . InSwansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Now pass this along to all your friends and pray they do better than you. And know this, 95% of people fail most of the questions!!

Blessed to be a Blessing,
Nehemiah Thomas,
http://tinyurl.com/656h2w
http://tinyurl.com/6j9u75
Blessed 2ba Blessing, Nehemiah Thomas, Our FREE CAP Card has Saved our Cardholders $450,000,000.00+
+0
Re: Your Yearly Dementia Test
6/22/2008 1:31:09 PM

WOW, Nehemiah, your sense of humor is downright contagious!  You have such a wonderful way of getting even the most sullen folks to laugh!  I'm so blessed to have a friend like you!

I assume that this is not a timed test.  If I had a time limit and had to hurry and read each question just once, I would have gotten them all wrong myself.  However, by going back and reading each question twice, I got them all right.

Well, all except question number 2.  I still miss the point of question number 2 (about the silk).  What was supposed to happen there?  Is the answer simply S-I-L-K?  Or might I have the first symptoms of dementia after all?

Your friend,
John

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2008 4:12:55 PM

Hello Nehemiah,

This is priceless!!  Forget about all of my Senile Friends, there's several Teenagers that I simply have to pass this on to.  Thanks for the Grins & Giggles.  Laughter truly is the Best Medicine.

Don't feel bad John, I defy 999 out of 1,000 to say SILK five times, and then spell S-I-L-K, and then think fast enough to answer Water to the actual question regarding "What do Cows drink?".  Most will say Milk every time.  I know that I did!

Speaking of getting Older and the Mind playing a few tricks, I ran across this the other day and it seem sto be approprioate here...

Three older ladies were discussing the travails of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator and can't remember whether I need to put it away or start making a sandwich."

The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, "Well, I'm glad I don't have that problem; knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "That must be the door -- I'll get it!"

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
6/23/2008 7:05:43 PM

Hi, Phil!

Re "Most will say Milk every time":
     Actually, most (including me) will THINK Milk every time, but they won't say it because, from the name of the test and from the instructions, they know that there's a catch.  So they'll go back, read the question again, and think again before they answer.

The only time they will SAY Milk is when there's a time limit and they have to hurry to "beat the clock."

Your friend,
John

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!