Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Bloody Mary
6/13/2008 4:24:11 AM

Bloody Mary Stories Submitted by Readers

Please note: These stories are scary and not intended for young children!

Ashley writes:

Bloody Mary was Mary Tudor, Queen of England, and daughter of King Henry the 8th and Catherine of Aragon. All her life, she was a mean brat to her little sister, Elizabeth and her brother Edward VI. She did not like them at all and was very jealous. When Edward VI died, she became Queen Mary of England. She was hated all over for changing the religion in England from Protestant to Roman Catholic. She mass-murdered over 100 Protestant leaders, earning her name as "Bloody Mary".

And yes, I have seen Bloody Mary. My friends and I decided to try it out. This is what we did:

1) We went into the bathroom.

2) Turned out the lights.

3) Ran the water.

4) Spun around 3 times saying "Bloody Mary."

5) Closed our eyes and held hands until we heard anything. (not saying this way is right or wrong, we just did it like that.)

There was a low 'thump' and we opened our eyes. There was a bloody dark-haired girl covered in blood. But it was very very dark, so very hard to tell. All she did was look at us, like an image painted on the mirror. Then we got scared and turned on the light, and whatever it was, was gone.

This is the true story of Bloody Mary.

Nikki writes:

The legend of it here in Jackson, Michigan goes like this: A long time ago there was a little girl named Mary. She must have gotten in an accident because she went into a coma. At this time doctors didn't know what a coma was, so they thought she was dead. They buried her alive! Every night Mary's mother thought that she heard a scream coming from Mary's grave, but no one believed her.

Finally one day Mary's mother convinced them to dig up her grave. When they did, they found scratches on the top of the coffin and Mary's fingernails were all bloody. There are many different things that I have heard that will happen when you say "Bloody Mary" in the mirror. The most popular one here is that you will see Mary in the mirror walking down a case of stairs. She may be holding a knife. If she is, you must turn on the lights or she'll kill you. Also she could be holding a rose or teddy bear, and then she won't kill you.

Mary's "so called" grave is also here in Jackson. I have been to it. It's out in the woods and you have to walk through a lot of trails to get there. When you finally do, you have to walk up a big hill and there is a big tombstone on top that just says Mary. There are also other tombstones, too. Mary's grave was removed recently because the coffins were beginning to stick out of the ground.

Matty writes:

This is a very touchy subject for me. The whole Bloody Mary thing is true, for I truthfully know it is. This took place in a small town called Newport, MI, just north of Monroe. On June 22, 1999, in the Monroe Evening Newspaper, there’s an article about my best friend, Mike. We were only thirteen at the time, you know the age of curiosity and the first time hearing the legend of Bloody Mary. It was around ten or eleven at night, when the moon is covered by trees, so there’s very little light. We both wanted to try it out, but to this day, I am glad I never went in with him. He went into the bathroom by himself because we thought it wouldn’t work if we both tried it at the same time.

The legend we heard was that you had to light six candles, write 666 on the mirror with anything red (we used lipstick,) and say "Bloody Mary" six times. My friend did these things because we wrote the stuff and lit the candles before we shut the door. I heard him say "Bloody Mary." Nothing happened for ten minutes, he didn’t make any noise and I could still see the lights from the candles under the bathroom door. I didn't think much of it and went downstairs to get something to drink. When I came back, I was a little worried because I could see no candlelight and the bathroom door was locked. I pounded on the door until his dad asked what I was doing.

His dad believed that we accidentally locked the door, so he got his lock-pick set. When he got the lock undone, the door was stuck when we pushed on it. After about fifteen minutes of pushing, there was a thump and when the door opened, my friend was kneeling on the ground and his head was in the sink. My friend died doing this stupid legend. Please, don't any of you make the same mistake.

Lindsey writes:

Almost everyone has heard of this "bloody" woman. Some people fear mirrors because the urban legend of her appearing. The legend is if you say "Bloody Mary" 3-100 times, she appears in the mirror, usually covered with blood. I know most urban legends are fiction, but could this legend be true? I did some research on Mary. I heard she was a light inside the mirror and her bloody image would appear. I read that she would attempt to kill you, she would try to pull you into the mirror world, and she would appear in the dark, then disappear when the lights were turned on.

There were different things you could say for her to appear in different ways. If you say 'Bloody Mary, Bloody baby," she and a baby would appear, covered in blood. If Bloody Mary is real, could Candyman be real? Both can kill people. Some tell this story to scare people. Is there an actually mirror world? You have probably heard about the "mirror world" in cartoons. In the dark you can make yourself believe anything you want, like the monster in the closet. One time my cousin dared me to say "Bloody Mary" three times in the mirror, well I did it and I remember seeing a woman with blonde hair, covered in blood.

Father Christmas writes:

I have actually done "Bloody Mary" and I would just like to say that the only reason it was scary is that the tales are terrifying. My three friends and I were really scared, so we all went into a bathroom together and turned off the lights. We didn't really do it right and light a candle, but when we stared into the mirror, I swear I saw a light in front of me in the mirror. No one else saw it but me. We all screamed and ran out. I heard of Bloody Mary as a different person. I've heard her to be either one of King Henry the 8th's wives who didn't bear a son, so Henry beheaded her, or mother Mary gone bad. I have really done "Bloody Mary" and am alive to tell the story.

Ryan writes:

I'm from Grand Rapids, MI and I've heard about "Bloody Mary", but a different version from the Jackson, Mi story. When I first started playing, it I wasn't clear who this woman was. But later down the road, I had talked to my Mom. She told me it was Mary, Queen of Scotts who was married to King Henry the 8th. She was beheaded because she was believed to be a witch. Actually she was a witch, but he couldn't prove it. It just so happens that I am a descendent from her, my mother also being a witch.

The times I've played the game I haven't seen a light or a woman. The first time I played it, my friend and I saw a tornado coming at us through the mirror. The second time we saw lighting. But when it comes down to getting killed by Mary, I don't know if it can actually happen.... and if it can... I'm not too worried. After all, we are family.

Lauren writes:

My friend and I were in an experimental mood, so we decided to try the "Bloody Mary" version that I heard most often. We stopped at a gas station that had an outdoor restroom and asked if we could use it. We went into it, turned off the lights, splashed water onto the mirror, and spinned around, we said "Bloody Mary" 3 times. Then my friend turned and flushed the toilet, while I stared into the mirror. From what I could see of my reflection in the dark, it started turning into a bright red blob. In amazement, I kept staring. Then my friend started screaming, and we ran out the door in fright. When I could see her face, it was all bloody, like how I saw myself in the mirror. When we cleaned her off, she had small fingernail-type scratches all over her face.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Re: Bloody Mary
6/13/2008 6:57:47 PM

Very scary, Nick!

Let's better talk about this one:

Have a great weelend!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2008 1:44:18 AM
Dear Adelina !

It was supposed to be scary, it's Friday the 13th and this is a Urban Legend. I was hoping others would find legends they have heard of and share a scary story with us ! It cannot always be sunshine and flowers, that is just to easy !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
6/14/2008 8:43:28 PM

Well Nick, I like scary stories. We don't have a similar personage as Bloody Mary in Romania and Dracula doesn't appear when you call for him. I heared a story from my husband's grandmother about a man from their village who met the Iele in the midnight and he came home after two days.His hair became white and he couldn't speak for a whole month. I found a describe of Iele online so here it is:

"These are not ordinary witches dancing across the fire.No,sir! They are more than human beings,supernatural creatures,called in the Romanian mithology the "IELE".Beautiful maidens,daughters of emperor Rusalim(don't ask me who's he,cause his name is as old as time,and i don't even know if he's legend or history),the Iele are an object of fear for the Romanian people.Long,long
ago,it was spoken that Rusalim had in his royal court a magic well with Vital water.One day, at his castle's gate came another powerfull emperor,Alexander Machedon,who asked for a bedpan with Vital Water(i must tell you that this water had the property of making one immortal and healing every single wound or disease).Anyways, Alexander took the priceless bedpan,Rusalim's daughters(all 9!!!)and he left,thanking Rusalim for all his gifts.One day,Alexander had to go in a war,and gone he was(Forever!) When he was about to give his last breath,Alexander asked for the bedpan,but,unfortunately,the bedpan was
empty beacuse the 9 flipping girls drank all the Vital water!So,Alexander Machedon died and the 9 sisters became the so called "Iele"...immortal creatures who are rather raving and always available for doing naughty things(like blinding one who sees them,killing with their "mermaidish" songs,
and defiling the wells from where they drink water)They are nocturnal creatures,like all bad spirits and they like to get into mischievous dances,especially when they meet eachother,all 9 sisters.
They are always naked,or dressed with diaphanous clothes,and they are wearing anklets.
The worse of them all is Mistress Irodia, the ruler of the Iele.She is known as the protector of witches and all women who use diabolic powers.Before casting a spell,witches invoke her as a dark goddess who helps them in their craft.Mistress Irodia is awfully beautiful and fresh,a maiden."

Have a great weekend!

+0
6/16/2008 1:24:03 AM
Hello Nick,

What a switch, but I like it.  Scarry is good once in while.
Thanks for sharing.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0