Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Garbage Truck
5/22/2008 1:03:25 PM

The Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving
 in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space
 right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and
 missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped
 his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and
 waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.

So I asked, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and
 sent us to the hospital!" This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now
 call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around
  full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of
  disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it
  and sometimes they'll dump it on you.

Don't take it personally. Just

smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and
  spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take
  over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
  so..... "Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who
  don't."

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Remember you get what you give!
Give nice, Get Nice!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Re: The Garbage Truck
5/22/2008 2:26:15 PM

Great one Nick

- Alicia

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2008 2:28:14 PM
Walking Garbage CanWOW!!!!
  I always wondered what ever happened to my long, lost, uncle.  I can see that he was Red, White, and Blue all over.  No wonder he dumped on so many people.  My parents grew up in the depression era and both had to leave school and go out to work to help their family.  Therefore, their education was mainly what they learned from others.  Unfortunetely they did not have good teachers.  My father was born in Quebec, Canada and my mother came from County Cork, Ireland.  Therefore their world consisted of Irish and French Canadians.  My father would take it one step further.  When someone would ask his nationality he would reply, "I am French Canadiain CANUCK!!!!"  He would emphasize that last word.  As I was being raised I soon became aware that in my parent's world as long as you were Irish or Fench Canadian CANUCK!!, you were alright, however be wary of all those that did not fit into this category. Being curious as I was and still am, I became a Tom Sawyer and set out on my quest to find others that did not fit into my parent's equation.  I found many people in my travels that were not  the mean, sadistic creatures that my parents had portrayed them to be.  I have met black girls that were very beautiful as well as Irish girls that were more on the sadistic as well as sarcastic side.  I found that each person has his or her own personality no matter what nationality they are or what side of the tracks they lived on.  There are those that will carry their burden of guilt until they find someone to dump it on, so when they do, accept it for what it is worth.
Walking Garbage CanThe first picture shown in this forum exemplifies perfectly what state our world is in right now.  This David portrayed the peace and love that we should be bestowing on one another in our time of world upheaval, whereas the second David portrays the rough, arrogant nature of who we really are.  I voted for the first David.  Oscar Red Carpet 2Perhaps there is a reason that my Walking Trash Can stays close by. At times I can be arrogant, rude, and definetely annoying, and there are those that will dumpt their load on me, however once that is accomplished it may be possible for that person to go on about his or her business with a sigh of relief.  President John F. Kennedy made an exceptionaly good point when he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."  This can be applied to everyone.  "Ask not what your friend can do for you, ask what you can do for your friend."  If a friend has a burden that is quite heavy for one person to carry, help that friend to carry the load.  Give the word Friendship a new, meaningful meaning. A person that has been blind from birth chooes friends by their merits, not by their color or nationality as he or she cannot see that which may otherwise set them off from others.  Trust, respect, and good deeds are what a blind person judges others by. In this respect, those without sight are more fortunate than those of us with sight because although we have the ability to see, most of us are still blind.

GOD BLESS YOU

MIKE
Easter Cross
http://countryvalues65.tripod.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
5/22/2008 2:35:30 PM

Nick - thanks so much!!  When I run into issues, I whisper a little prayer for the "offender".  It helps me to refocus on what's important!!

God Bless!

Gma Carol  

Carol
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2008 3:04:55 PM