Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Drinking Water and Cysts
5/15/2008 4:13:25 PM

Hello Adland Friends,

I have been a Independent Distributor for a company 
called Mutli-Pure Drinking Water Systems for over 20 years.
I have long been concerned with contaminated drinking water that comes from  our tap water and from some bottled water also.

The following is a article from Multi-Pure that I wanted to share with you.  

Over 45 million Americans drink water from treatment plants that have found the cyst Cryptosporidium, the protozoan found in tap water that infected over 400,000 people and killed over 100 in Milwaukee. Giardia, a cyst that has been recognized since the 1960's, has been estimated to cause 5 to 10 waterborne outbreaks annually, an average of 4000 hospital admissions per year, and an average of 6 million dollars in hospital treatment costs annually. Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) attorney Erik Olson cited a report by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimating that 900,000 people a year are made sick by such microbial contamination of tap water. More and more people are wondering what to do about cryptosporidium and other cysts in their water supplies.

The Surface Water Treatment Rule states that all surface water that may potentially be used for drinking water must be filtered. Unfortunately, problems with Cryptosporidium, Giardia, and newer protozoans (like Cyclospora, which is larger in size than Crypto, thus more easily filtered) are still occurring, predominantly in ground water sources (which do not fall under the Surface Water Treatment Rule). Also, because Cryptosporidium is pliable, it can fold down to one micron in size, thus slipping through most public utilities filtration systems. The only water treatment devices that can effectively filter Crypto are those certified for submicron filtration (less than one micron).

Healthy individuals infected by these parasites experience a cholera-like illness: watery diarrhea, headache, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and low-grade fever. For the immunocompromised, however, the results of infection are much more dire: the parasites can severely damage the liver and respiratory tract, as well as the gall-bladder and pancreas. Even worse, there is a 40 - 50% mortality rate for the immunocompromised who are infected with Cryptosporidium. Those at risk include cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy, infants, the elderly, kidney dialysis patients, recent transplant recipients, AIDS patients, and others with suppressed immune systems.

To the over 5 million Americans at risk, the CDC and the Environmental Protection Agency have issued a guidance to either boil all of their tap water, invest in certain bottled water, or purchase a filter that is certified by UL to remove cysts. As many can attest, boiling all of the tap water can be unduly burdensome. The bottled water alternative also presents problems. Carol Browner, head of the EPA, warned that bottled water is not tested for microbial contaminants like Cryptosporidium, so consumers really don't know what they're getting with bottled water. It just may be the case that point-of-use filtration is the only viable alternative to rid the nation's tap water of these dangerous organisms. Only those filters that are certified under ANSI/NSF Standard 53 for cyst removal are recommended by the CDC and the EPA.

Thanks for reading I that hope you found it interesting. :)

Len Berghoef
Multi-Pure
Independent Distributor

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Drinking Water and Cysts
5/15/2008 10:03:41 PM
"Thank You Len"  :)

Best graphics for your profile! SparkleTags.com
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2008 12:59:48 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/16/2008 11:36:57 AM
Hi Steven,

Your Welcome! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless the troops.

Have a great weekend!
Len

+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/16/2008 11:51:03 AM

Hey Brother Nick,

Serious topic isn't it? Thank you for the beautiful graphic.
Did you know that drinking clear water plays a major role in reducing the risk of certain diseases. Water helps keep your muscles and skin toned, assists in weight loss, brings oxygen and nutrients to the cells, eliminates toxins and wastes from the body, and regulates body temperature. 

Have a terrific weekend,

Len

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!