Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Pooh Bear and a Wet Walk
5/15/2008 12:53:48 AM

This is a post from my quote page. You can subscribe and get these quotes on weekdays at

Beautiful Summer Morning Inspirational Quote of the Day

A Way Through the Forest

May 15th, 2008

Sun Through trees
Photo Courtesy of Pauline DeForest

Within each of us there is an Owl, a Rabbit, and Eeyore, and a Pooh. For too long, we have chosen the way of Owl and Rabbit. Now, like Eeyore, we complain about the results. But that accomplishes nothing. If we are smart, we will choose the way of Pooh. As if from way away, it calls to us with the voice of a child’s mind. It may be hard to hear at times, but it is important just the same, because without it we will never find our way throught the Forest.

Source: The Tao of Pooh by Benhamin Hoff

The Tao of Pooh

A Way Through the Forest

By Nicholas Grimshawe

The rain falls as a soft mist as we leave the car, the dogs and me, for our morning walk. The world is green and wet: A fine mist obscures the mountains, flattening our normally vertical world.

I am time pressed, which is probably why things worked out the way they did.

How do I get from where I am to a more simple life? How do I simplify, simplify, simplify?

Today I think of Old England, the gentle land of my birth, and country lanes, flower gardens, and an easy way of life. Oh how I want that.

I think of the Law of Attraction, the book I am currently reading and think, ” I am focusing on the thing I want, that’s good.”

I stop and look toward a line of old trees that run along the bank of the river.

I think of change.

I watch the swallows, swoop and sweep, cleaning the sky of bugs. They live in a constantly changing world.

“Change is inevitable” we are told. “In the physical world” I add as a qualifier. The universe seems to agree because it puts an exclamation on my thoughts by sending two gold finches to do a fly by.

“Okay, I am on track.”

I stop again and watch the gentle rain aware that what I look out on is changeless; that the awareness that watches is timeless, has felt the joy of this forever.

With everything there are two sides on this single coin, change, and changelessness. Out of one is born the other. I experience an enormous peace within me being able both to embrace the change I see all around me, yet knowing ultimately, change could not touch this moment.

At this point we came to our turn around point. I’d lost track of the dogs, but they were doing what dogs always do, they were enjoying the moment.

My thoughts went back to my desire to live more simply in this country of grace and beauty and solitude.

Just then my Ah-ha moment happened.

In the Law of Attraction, Abraham talks about using emotions as a spiritual guidance system. This desire to return to a simple life, to be able to do these walks every day, to live more in the country and less in the city, had been a focus of mine for so long I should have manifested it by now. Why had it not manifested?

Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, my desire expressed a negative emotion. I wanted this as ego, as a procession, to say, “look now I am successful because I posses this quality of life I could never have before”.

This is hard to express so bear with me.

The universe confirmed the rightness of my thoughts by sending up the two gold finches again.

I suddenly understood, I could not own this quality, that I could not process it , it just was. I could walk through it, observe it, enjoy it.

I felt my soul opening, relaxing. The crowd of thoughts washed away in the rain. I came fully into the present. In the moment I experienced my heart’s desire.

Then I realized that I couldn’t process it because I was a part of it; that what I was seeing WAS the manifestation of my desire, but more than that, I and it where the same; that one could not “be” without the other.

By this time I am floating.

My experience couldn’t get any better, could it?

I then had two almost simultaneous thoughts,

“There has been way too much “Do” and far too little “Be” in my life.

I am deep in the moment of the misty rain, and soggy green vegetation and softened vistas requiring nothing on my part only to “BE” in the moment.

At the same time a little voice said. “But you haven’t seen an eagle.”

On my last walk I counted 12 eagles watching me from the trees.

I view eagles as spirit guides.

I thought the universe owed me a giant exclamation point.

And sure enough as we came around a bend in the path close to the car, I looked up, and centered right in the middle of my sight, perched on a tree, sat a huge bald eagle staring right at me.

Shivers ran my spine.

I had other things to do, but I knew I had to take more time just to “BE”.

I saw a way through the forest.

Sun Through trees

Walk in Quiet Places

With Love

Nick

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Pooh Bear and a Wet Walk
5/15/2008 12:56:22 AM

for sharing dear Nick.... Always enjoy your post and truly as this is my 1st time after a long time here, you truly are talented with a calming effect.

Take care with love,
Rina

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/15/2008 12:58:58 AM
Hi Rina,

Welcome back.

Glad you enjoyed the post. It's been quite a day.

Hope to meet up with you again in other forums.

Nick

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2008 1:02:20 AM
Hahahaha... Evil laughter ;)

I am so glad to see another message from you and its for ME.... waaahhahahahah - Evil laughter again ;)

Anyways, you must be working hard and am sure its in the morning for you right?  Anyways, dearie, have a good rest and yes, I enjoyed the post a lot.....

Yes yes yes, bumping in other forums is what we do a lot don't we?  With that said, looking forward to see you in other forums too my dear friend....

Tata....

Love, Rina
+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/15/2008 1:12:10 AM

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the lovely walk through the forest, it's good to take some quiet to reflect.

http://www.freewebs.com/ausvitality/Angels/libelula.gif

Brightest Blessings, Gerri

PS: I love Pooh!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!