Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Janet Ravindran

3183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Photography With A Twist!
10/22/2007 11:51:53 PM
Dear Pauline and John - wow, what a beautiful forum!!! I actually come here often to see the new photos, but don't post :-( Will try to change that.
Today I just wanted to say that your poems, dear Pauline, are just beautiful and touching. I wished I had a gift like you to express my feelings or thoughts.
And you, dear John, are a magician. I had no idea what one can do with the right camera and the love to try things - your photos are fantastic!!!!
And to everybody else who posted a photo here...there wasn't one I didn't love. All are very beautiful and some very unique. Please keep them coming!
Many hugs and blessings, to all,
Janet

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2007 11:58:42 PM
Hi John, and all my friends.. hey Luella good to see you here too !

I wrote this about 3 yrs back... before adding it to my collections I thought of getting some feedback and some thoughts, some answers to some questions in my mind..Its obvious I was in a special frame of mind then... Que: Is it right to think this way? Not to expect anything back...at least not from where you give. I do believe what you give you get back manifold..but it does not always have to come from where you expect it !!!!

Looking forward to your feedback on this.

In the meanwhile enjoy another super creation of John's

©2007JohnSanchez

EXPECTATIONS

My expectations are never from man,

for they sure will let you down,

And when you need them  most beside you,

they are never ever to be found.

My expectations are

from the Lord  above,

For its only He who keeps his promise,

and secures me in His love.

It's human, yes to err,

we never do what we must do,

But God in all his goodness,

Stays the same and true.

I find I'm never disappointed

When I think like this,

for when I receive a blessing,

its from those who know this bliss.

And I see them too so happy,

for when you know this fact,

you learn not to expect

or get anything back.

This is so liberating

you find a peace within,

never letting disappointment derail you,

for to  each his own the sin.

©2007Pauline Raina

Blessings

Pauline R

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2007 12:58:34 AM

Hi John & Pauline,

Another amazing pic and poem.

You ask Pauline are you wrong to think this way? I think not, those who give expecting to get back are not giving from the heart but just found another way to earn. When you give with no expectations you have an overall feeling of contentment and happiness.

Have a great day & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Janet Ravindran

3183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2007 1:16:26 AM
I can just say "DITO" to all Peter said....the picture and the poem is amazing, and no, you can't have expectations to get something in return when you give. As Peter said - then it's not given from the heart. You give because you want to/ feel the need, not because you want something in return.
If I pray to bless my friends, I don't ask for blessings in return. But the fact that my friends are blessed, is a blessing for me anyway :-)
Many hugs and blessings,
Janet

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2007 4:43:32 AM

Hi Guys,

I know this doesn't belong here but I received this from a friend and thought you might find it interesting.

All the best & Shalom,

Peter

Subject: TheTale of Two Houses

Who is trying to conserve our natural resources and prevent Global Warming?  You choose.

Tale of Two Houses

Here's some interesting information.

You can check this out on
Snopes .com  under "The Story of Two  Houses"

[]

House #1 A 20 room mansion (  not including 8 bathrooms ) heated by
natural gas. Add on  a pool ( and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas.  In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a  year.  The average bill for electricity and natural gas  runs over $2400.  In natural gas alone, this property consumes  more   than 20 times the national average for an American home.  This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area. It's in the South.

[]    

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university.  This house  incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can  provide.  The house is 4,000 square feet ( 4 bedrooms ) and  is nestled on a high prairie in the American  southwest.  A central closet in the house holds  geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk  300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F. )  heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer.  The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system.  Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern.  Wastewater from showers, sinks and  toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the  cistern.  The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.   Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the  surrounding rural landscape.     

~~~~~
HOUSE #1 is outside of
Nashville , Tennessee; it is the abode of
the  "environmentalist" Al Gore.  

HOUSE #2 is on  a ranch near Crawford,
Texas ; it is the residence the of the President of the United States ,
George W. Bush.  

An "inconvenient truth".

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook