Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Save on Gas - Fuel additives ...
5/17/2008 4:56:40 PM
Hi Kenneth

As the price of gasoline goes up drastically all over the world - these fuel additive companies are trying to "make a killing" and have a very willing public looking for a solution to the extra cost of travelling.

It is a worrying situation, as we have yet to see a product that has been supported by the motor industry and is guaranteed not damage your car.  Hopefully, even while this forum is being posted, there may be a safe product coming onto the market.  But I guess when it happens, it will be taken up by the motor companies and sold direct in shops with all the relevant guarantees.

It is interesting that so many of the existing products are sold using multi-level marketing.  I have always felt that, if a genuine safe fuel saving additive was available, the company would have no difficulty marketing it very successfully in the normal direct selling way.  The public would jump on it and there would be no difficulty in selling their way to success, without much promotion.  The demand for the product would be overwhelming. 

In the meantime, you have given Rudy's link - so I would guess that the message is -. the real safe fuel savings are made by keeping your car maintenance up to date and using good lubricants that DO help save fuel.

Some thoughts!

Jenny

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2008 2:51:58 AM

+0
Kay
Kay Reeve

338 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/18/2008 4:49:34 AM

Hi Kenneth,

One of my customers asked me what a product was that he'd previously bought.  I looked it up on the internet and it was described as "Ionically Charged Aqueous Droplets" with a tracer dye.  Call me silly, but that sounds like coloued, megnetic water!  He had paid £30 for one litre!!!!!

I am happy to say I did not follow him with another scam, but talked through my product, explaining everyting he could possible need to know.

Not all additives are fuel compliant - even those that are tried and tested for many years.  Which is why it's more important to decide what you actually want to achieve and do your RESEARCH properly.  For most it is improved fuel economy.

Additives include Cetane, Octane Boosters, Detergents, Heavy Metals, Alcohol, Napthalene, and many more.  Then there are the magnets, heavy metal pipe attachments, air intake cyclones, Adblue, Catalytic converters and other relevant points to understand.

Racing cars and bikes may require things to improve performance of the vehicle and will not necessarily be concerned with fuel economy.

Fleet managers WILL be concerned about fuel economy, but more importantly about the warrantly on their very expensive vehicles, also because any breakdown as a result of scam products is more costly in it's self.  All engines are manufactured to work with the relevant fuel standard and any additive or treatment complying with these standards should not invalidate the warranty.

People using biodiesel are more concerned with real cost cutting, but not so concerned about the warranty.  Only certain vehicles are manufactured, stating suitable for use with bioethanol for example, but only up to a certain percentage.  Dosing over that may invalidate the warranty again.

OK so now the intro is out of the way, the main thing to look for in fuel economy, to avoid scams is to find a product that complies with all relevant FUEL STANDARDS: some listed here..

BS 4040 Leaded Petrol/Gas
BS 7070     Unleaded Petrol/Gas
BS EN590   Standard Derv
BS EN14214 Biodiesel
BS 2896 Gas Oil

These standards may be a different in various continents, but the same applies to choosing fuel additives or fuel treatment.

Any reputable company should be able to provide you with evidence of compliancy with the above fuels, if not on their website, then via email or in person.

Once you have researched and understood enough of the above, you will begin to realise that they have all been invented for one reason - the fuel does not combust completely.

For anyone in the UK who would like helpful advice on  Dipetane fuel treatment and how it can help, call me via the number on the website and I will be glad to help.  We are independent distributors, not franchise or MLM.

Best Regards to all, especially Kenneth for watching over you all...

From Kay

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!