Search for People

Enter part of a name below to search our members.

Advanced
You are viewing a single thread.
Click here to view the entire wall.
Kelvin Nyota
Kelvin Nyota: 359 days ago

Can we exchange likes on facebook and Google plus for ranking? I want to boost my social signals on Facebook and Google for my website. I am looking for many people to exchange likes for this. Please reply with your facebook username and Google plus, and a message if you are interested in the program. It is only a matter of clicking on each others fun page like buttons and some comments that all. Nice time Kelvin.
Mr. D
Mr. D: 359 days ago

I guess you can try trading likes, but are you trying to look good be have more likes, or are you trying to rank higher in search results? I don't consider Facebook or G as ranking platforms as much as they are a communications and community involvement and to only the ones that are connected. Social signals are a good thing for the ones that like your page for a reason. I have a very strong involvement with SEO and ranking against my competitors, and none of it has to do with likes. I do believe there will be the other side of this and a difference of opinion with the social media junkies.
Hafiz 2013
Hafiz 2013: 359 days ago

I am not sure if such type of exchange is acceptable in this wall or not. But one thing is that, you will not make good amount of like via this way rather you can attract by quality content in your page.
Diane Bjorling
Diane Bjorling: 359 days ago

good morning..the best way to gain ranking is to produce high quality content and then drive traffic to your content. false numbers via likes will not work in the long term. As much as we love the numbers when it comes to likes on Facebook, it has been proven that the real power comes with the sharing, both on FB as well as G . I agree with Hafiz that this wall is a social entity where people can just say hi and at times though we may talk about some serious things, it really is not a place to promote anything
Ron Watson
Ron Watson: 359 days ago

I agree with you diane, Good content is must. But if we get more fans, there would be more possibilities of getting attentions to your posts.. The only way to bring somebody's attention is posting good content. But one must like our page to see our contents.. Right?
Diane Bjorling

and now we come the the crux of the mattter and which came first the chicken or the egg lol. you need to do a bit of both...but in social media that means a soft sell and talking around things and developing your brand..then promote it. The fans are only good if they share what you are doing..without that..it is just empty numbers
Hafiz 2013
Hafiz 2013: 359 days ago

You are not wrong Ron. If your 'few' fan start to share and like your contents, it will be shown to more facebook or G plus users. That may help getting more followers. But quality is must to keep them stay in your page.
Ron Watson

I agree.. but we must catch somebody's attention first.. right? We can make our fans share our content by our posts.. it depends on the quality of the post.. But catching attention is the first thing we must do. Who will share our contents if they don't see those. Who can see our contents? Only our fans.. right?
Diane Bjorling

so..how about we try something lol I love experiments. experiment 1...just get fans and get people to like you, maybe do it for a week and keep count then experiment 2 is create content and then promote using the wording..like and share what we are sharing. If you have two people on your team doing these experiments and then at the end of a time period .. lets say a week and then you can come up with some good data?
Ron Watson

We are doing that diane, okay, see, i have created a forum with a cool topic. Now, could you tell me how could invite people to see that? I am completely new here.. Just don't know how to do all those stuffs..
David Rowland
David Rowland: 359 days ago

Ron, you can post the link to your forum on this chat board, just can't post ads on this chat board.
Diane Bjorling

totally agreed David! To me this conversation is a conversation that can help others when it comes to social media and how to use it properly. Just like people think link dropping is O.K..it isnt..the same goes for this wall or chat board! Here is a question for you Ron.. do you have a profile on Facebook? can people "see" you and read about who you are and what you are doing? I bet the answer is yes. The same thinking applies to ALL social networks and Adlandpro is a social network..make no mistake on that! Can I ask why your profile is set to private? You need to change it and create a good profile so that people will WANT to know you and who you are..not only is it polite..but that is how to do things on a social network. When you have done this..then let us know so that we can SEE your forums..makes sense?
David Rowland

Kelvin, you can build your business using likes in Facebook, but it takes a very long time to do so, unless you are adding new content constantly.
Most business's who have a lot of likes on their fb page get those likes by buying advertising from fb for the exposure, and get lots of folks liking their page that way, or they already have a huge following that likes their page because they are fans.
For example, country music stars on fb book.....they have 10's of thousands of likes, because their fans find them, and like them. They don't have to work for it.
The rest of us have to work for likes, and there are more efficient ways to advertise, which Diane and others have already suggested.
Ron Watson

okay, let me do it.. if i get any confusion. please help me.. okay brother?
David Rowland

Ron, it's easy. Go to your forum. Copy and paste the url here for your forum here, and invite folks to join it.
Ron Watson

Check that out david.. I have done that..
Jim Allen
Jim Allen: 359 days ago

If you are hiding your content behind a forced like button I will simply leave and never give your content a look much less a like.
Ron Watson

see jim, that is the strategy we follow to up you up to date with your contents. It does not mean people trade with you before they give you the content. When you like a page, you can see all the posts by that page and its a good thing for you and for the page owner as well..
Mr. D
Mr. D: 359 days ago

Outstanding. do you want likes? Do you want more business? Do you want better rankings? Lets talk about one or another. An please will someone explain what this wall is so it is not misrepresentative of a Chat Room, Box or what ever.
If you want to build your business, don't you think it should start with a foundation?
Jim Allen

You see Ron, that is a FORCED LIKE and I have no clue if I wish to like your page yet if I cannot see what content you have. By having me like your page, I am basically referring your page to my friends and their folks. No gonna happen. You need to rethink that strategy. Always Lead With Content exposed publicly with no hoops to jump through. If I like your content then I will like page and allow you access to my friends. Otherwise I ain't gonna play your game of force. The likes and traffic isn't naturally created by great content. People are tired of being played.
Jim Allen

The purpose of this wall is to meet, greet, share, interact and grow. It ain't rocket science Mark. What do you want it used for?
Jim Allen

Each of these posts are a thread to themselves so have the conversation.
Mr. D
Mr. D: 358 days ago

I know I should draw picture for some. Just go back and listen to yourself as you speak of one thing and do another. One day you say one thing and the next you do different. You are obnoxious to many people here then you say to have respect. You are up one day and then up others as$es the next. You never know if you are going to say something nice or going to give your negative thoughts to what ever is being talked about. You go out of your way to let everyone know just how you really feel that moment and then the next moment you say and post positive sayings that is not about you at all. I did not mention any names. Anyone know who i am talking about?
Jim Allen
Jim Allen: 358 days ago

Sounds like a self introspective to me there Mark. Sorry you are having a bad day.
Diane Bjorling
Diane Bjorling: 358 days ago

Gentlemen..it is evening and I have been working all day, I love to come in here for a few moments before I rest my eyes..which right now are almost going cross eyed lol. Take care of you and in the public we need to show our good and ever so awesome selves as always... I am going to have a cuppa tea and relax..stay out of trouble..k?
Bogdan Fiedur
Bogdan Fiedur: 358 days ago

Here I would like to add my two cents to this discussion. Number of likes appearing on your facebook page is one one side of the story. People who liked your page are the ones who will see your posts later when you make them on your page. Facebook has an algorithm which is used to calculate how many people who liked your page will see your posts. This is depended on how many of those who were first shown your post reacted to it. If they shared your post commented on it and liked it, your post will be now shown to more of those who once liked it.

So it is important to have many likes not just for the effect of being liked but for the effectiveness of your posting on facebook. In addition the more likes you have the higher you will show in results of the Facebook graph for given topic.

The highest value you get on Facebook though is sharing. Anyone should work on strategy of sharing not just on Facebook but any social networks. The more shares you get, the more Facebook will promote your post. It is like snowballing.
Bogdan Fiedur

In short those who liked your business facebook page are kind of like a friends in personal relationship.

They are the ones who see your posts in your feeds.

According to article I read about 10% of those who liked your page, are shown your article on your business page, if they interact with it, like I explained above, more of the likers are shown your article or share.
Dave Cottrell
Dave Cottrell: 358 days ago

This may come as a surprise to a lot of people, but one way to meet a lot of real people who you can interact with and eventually invite to visit your FB page and maybe give you a like is via the traffic exchanges. A lot of them now have a chat function on them, so you can have some really good conversations with a lot of folks while you surf, rather than just mindlessly clicking away. This is a simply brilliant addition.
Hafiz 2013
Hafiz 2013: 358 days ago

It is a friendly wall. So we should show respect to others.
I don't see any lose in exchanging like. It is not like exchanging google adsense ads click. By simple clicking we are not doing harm to any side. Rather from my like or share , our friends can find some good content they are searching for.
Mr. D

It all goes back to the first line of this opening thread.

"Can we exchange likes on Facebook and Google plus for ranking?"

The point I was trying to say was asking: "Are you looking to grow your likes, or your ranking for your Website?" Yes, you can grow your likes on Facebook and G-plus I(if thats what you mean) using social media and grow your social signals. There are many places where likes are exchanged and you like me, i like you, or just like because they like what your page is about. But you mentioned "Ranking and Your Website" So lets have a little fun and do some testing if you are up to it. What is your main Website url or Domain Name, and also mention what it is about. Services, Products, Training Ebook's, Marketing, Affiliate's and so forth.
I am interested to see what the Website is, how it is ranking in SERP's now, and if it shows up at all with running generic searches with different search engines that are mostly used by the human race. You up for it?
Bogdan Fiedur

Hi Mark,

although Facebook page can have influence on SERP (I'm not sure to what extent), it is about your presence within the Facebook community. Facebook by itself is its own entity. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Facbook graph search. Your importance within Facebook community is being determined by amount of activity your business page has in there where likes are one of them. This is not about being popular as a person but simply accumulating number of people who will listen to your messages. They call it EdgeRank.

Facebook business page is like a broadcasting channel where you place your daily messages. This is not just a static page like most websites are, but piece of your own real estate where you broadcast your messages, kind of like your own blog but with social aspect.

It is totally dynamic. If you don't put there daily post, it simply doesn't exist or at least it loses its influence. If nobody sees your post and doesn't interact with it, it doesn't exist.

Having likes is your first step to establish your audience. If you have no likes, your page has no connection to anybody within Facebook or this is at least how I understand it. Your broadcast message will be not shown to anyone. Consider "likes" to business page like an email subscription to your newsletter, with the difference that only those will receive your message who Facebook algorithm will choose and how this works I have explained above.

In the end those who liked your page, are your customers and affiliates.

Check out this article

http://www.convinceandconvert.com/facebook/intent-to-subscribe-why-your-facebook-page-needs-to-be-liked/
Mr. D

Bogdan yes, I agree with you and do understand this. There is one thing that you really need to know and that is my target market. 95% of all my customers does not use, or too much, Facebook. Their kids do. Some of them have an account, but with all the crap on it and the other things not mentioned, they are spending time with their family, keeping their house in order, making improvements, and do not sit on the computer all day Face-booking or hang outs. If they where I would be all over it but they are not. If and when I do ever get slow, I would be opening up more channels, and communication on everything learned and sitting on.
Bogdan Fiedur

Mark as with everything early adopters get the upper hand. I have several friends who have businesses and they are not even on the internet and some are but except one page do nothing about it. Yes they will be in business for a while but then those who figure out sooner how to take advantage of what is coming will survive and those who don't will close down. The kids of your clients will be your customers within 5-10 years and they will know how to find what they are looking for on Facebook and other social networks. It will be too late or much harder then to try to get enough likes to be relevant.
Jim Allen
Jim Allen: 357 days ago

I am actually quite thankful to those that have taken the time to explore this. That is why the Direct Linking is Back information I tried to share was important to us all. This is the direct linking concept in action it came about because of the EdgeRanking is not new for those in the know during the "beta" release of Social Graph info withing Facebook. It and much more is the wave of the future because the millennial like the baby boomers will effect economics for generations to come.

These millennial and their offspring will drive the future economy that will affect your future business as well Mark. If you aren't seen in their circle you won't be seen and you will be the last of a dying breed much like American Manufacturing. It will not return to the industrial revolution era anytime soon.

Throughout time early adopter have been ridiculed and despised so its just part of the process.
Jim Allen

I just feel leading with that is the right way to go for instance on each of our public profile pages we Have the Social Buttons there already. As seen in this example you can FB, me, G me, even pin me, like me,invite me, and read my forums see who my friends are and a personal web page about ME! Mine is public so all can see. So if you are serious about your request for likes, hook ups etc. WHY NOT USE THE VERY THING YOU WISH to EXPLOIT?!!! Like me FB me Pinterest ME on your board. Heck make contact on Skype with ME. Make yours public and now that this simple lesson is over. Let's see what happens for ME! And Yes YOU!
Jim Allen

I just feel leading with that is the right way to go....... Should read as I just feel leading with that isn't the right way to go
Mr. D
Mr. D: 357 days ago

You both make very good points and this is why I go out of my way to bring up different things that we do and say and believe. And you are right. Now I can see that in my marketing plan all of this is great information and will be used and put into play. Now comes the real reason i do not use everything mentioned that I know will be good for business. I never had any idea that just doing something for fun and to get some more work would turn into a such a great success. I simple can not handle the work load, the new customers coming in, all the scheduling, the meetings, the estimates and I am the only one sitting at the table. I did not have all my ducks in a row because I just wanted a little extra work. so to be short, I stay away from anything that will bring in more. In time, there will be the next step and that is being able to handle all work flow, and keep all customers in the network. After it has been worked out to be able to do this, then and only then will I go full bore because it has a thought out plan. I am different, I don't need any more traffic right now. So maybe i did not make this clear a head of time and I made you think that social is not for me. It is just not know.
Diane Bjorling
Diane Bjorling: 357 days ago

you have also raised an interesting point and that is "too much traffic" and business and one that many people do not think about ..normally its not enough traffic etc. and why so many of us talk about the issue. food for thought for sure!
Jim Allen

Kelvin first thing you need to do is unlock your profile. Your problem is your privacy settings. Your social markers are hidden. This is the point I was making with my last post in this thread you cannot be seen. Fix it and I may just like your profile by clicking the FB link on your ALP Profile page. Diane I am surprised you missed my point there.

How to unlock your private profile to get the social shares you are asking for Kelvin. A closed sealed book is usually considered a personal private diary is that your intention with your private profile?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLMH2tVSk792JJbCznSdpQDn7bjMJjHvDz&v=3V-ZEKr0uHo
Diane Bjorling

lol, good morning I think (Jim) I have had very little sleep and isn't it cool that I am also learning and don't always see everything..I will improve through the day honest, well if I have enough coffee I will ha ha ha. It does go to show that one needs to see all sides and sometimes the most obvious is the answer ( I think that made sense..kind of)
Debbie Cornett
Debbie Cornett: 357 days ago

I also am a heavy coffee drinker. I too would like to exchange likes with as many folks as possible What say ye?
Diane Bjorling

Hi Debbie,I think we need to get a coffee urn going on this wall lol
This is the first time I have been seeing so many replies and thoughts about "likes" "exchanging likes" and I have to say, that it would seem to me that we are now thinking of "likes" like link exchanges without putting thought or work into having people like for a reason.
For example..when you like something there has to be a reason to like - to like for no reason makes little sense ( at least to me) Part of liking is pointing back to you the person. If you don't have a profile or an image..ask yourself this..why would I or anyone else for that matter even want to exchange likes,links or anything else for that matter?
Now I admit I am a bit weird and strange to people and that's O.K with me, but here is how I look at the situation...
When people say to me..lets exchange "likes" they are asking me to do one of two things
1. game the system...people are so impressed with the numbers and they have this good feeling and will say to people..see I have a gazillion likes, I am soooo good ( are they?)
2. they want me to acknowledge them and vice a versa. Is that a bad thing? I guess it depends on what your doing.

To me if I like something I am acknowledging what they have shared and maybe I have nothing to add to that share..not bad..but not always good either!

The REAL power likes in sharing and commenting..why? 1.When you comment it shows that you are (yourself) a real person with a brain who has something to say that will add "value' to a picture..a video and even a link
2. When you SHARE it means dang this is so good I want MY contacts and friends to see this and that is the best compliment or hat tip you can give to the original sharer.

Since when did liking something become more important than commenting and sharing?
Debbie Cornett
Debbie Cornett: 357 days ago

I agree with you. I would only like for someone to like my pages if they genuinely liked my website. I personally don't like anything I truly don't like. We do think alike and we must keep the coffee flowing!
Diane Bjorling

Glad we are agreed and thanks Debbie for joining in on what is turning out to be a very instructive discussion. I have sent you a friend invite..just so you are aware with a bit of guidance to help you get the full benefit of this very cool network. Have a super nice day!
Luis Miguel Goitizolo
Luis Miguel Goitizolo: 357 days ago

I see that Ron's profile is still not visible for all members despite all that has been said here. Since this seems to be the trend with all new members at present, I would insist in that the default privacy option be "None" and not "Friends only" as now is. In this way, if a new member wants to become a recluse in a social network site as Adland is, it's up to them and they can do it by learning first how to change their options in their profile and not all the way round as currently is. I know this is not the main point in this ddebate but sure is a sore one at present with them being able to do a lot of things like sending messages to all and everyone and posting freely at forums but no one else, unless by fist becoming their friends, can do any of these nor even know a thing about them.
Jim Allen

Look on the profile page if that persons About and Forum activity is to your liking what better way to sociallyy interact than as to like their profile page for being pleasant to read as an introduction as to what type of person you are. It is all here to do right from any profile that has been made public to you. Have you had your profile shared on one of the social sites? How did it make you feel? I should be using those functions more myself. Because if I share Diane's profile page on Google Plus she would become famous in my circles and many would interact with her and vice versa. Oftem we find we have many friends and interests in common. So each new friend or like request should be genuine and not just numbers. :)
Diane Bjorling

I like you Jim lol. What you are saying ( minus the ego boost to me) should be printed out and shared and more important heeded! When we share *who* we are and not just what we do, when we talk to people about things of *common interest* when we are open and the fact is folks if you are in business of any kind you need to be open, then you are starting on the path of success!!
Jim Allen

Thank you Diane I feel the same about you. I enjoy reading your posts even those that I see from different perspective. Likewise I am sure. We should do a test. With all the folks that have interacted on this topic. It would be good to go to profile pages and see what happens when we use those social buttons among ourselves on completed profiles we can see. Test the attraction of attraction marketing. Remember everyone you share your contacts in FB will see or whatever social media you choose. Accompany a comment about the person whose profile you are sharing. Now that we have really discussed this open and frankly. I am interested in testing the power social sharing and networking. Don't you?
Jim Allen
Hafiz 2013
Hafiz 2013: 356 days ago

Very very long thread! It took long time from starting to see Diane pic:-)
It is a great discussion going on. Learning something new:-)
Jim Allen
Jim Allen: 356 days ago

I thought it was educational.
Hafiz 2013
Hafiz 2013: 356 days ago

It is really educational, no doubt.
Jim Allen
Jim Allen: 356 days ago

You have been scooped! Thanks to all for a great tutorial to share. http://www.scoop.it/t/roadkill-marketing-cafe-insights-and-foresights
Diane Bjorling
Diane Bjorling: 356 days ago

and just got rescooped lol I also did a post today about social profiles..maybe I should have called it social signals..hmmm http://community.adlandpro.com/~/forums/post/2651314/Social-Profiles.aspx#
I have pointed the post to here also as I feel it is very important...
My Links