Search for People

Enter part of a name below to search our members.

Advanced
You are viewing a single thread.
Click here to view the entire wall.

Get These Amazing Deals!

David A. Weed
+6
David A. Weed: 1551 days ago

Subject: "What difference does it make now?"

As we prepare to honor our fallen on Memorial Day Weekend, this is truly a great story. Moreover, with the massacre in Benghazi still under investigation in Congress, I can't help but hear those words by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, as she screamed into the microphone, "What difference does it make now???" She will never understand because she doesn't care, but maybe she should listen to this story?!?!

Makin Island

A true story about 19 marines killed on an island (defending against the Japanese). They had to retreat, so asked the islanders to please bury them for us Years later, they checked and found a man who had been a teenager then and remembered where they were buried. They sent a C130 and an honor guard over there and found all 19 had been buried with their helmets on, their rifles in their hands, in perfect condition. The islanders had really done a wonderful job.

As they were loading the bodies, a voice from out of nowhere started singing The Marine Hymn"..........gave everyone goose bumps. Turns out, the voice was from a man who spoke no English but remembered a song the Marines taught him when they landed. Very touching. They got all 19 and their photos are at the end. This of course was WW2!

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS - BE SURE YOU'RE SITTING DOWN. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE GESTURES FOR WHICH THERE ARE NO WORDS.

Diane Bjorling
+1
Diane Bjorling: 1551 days ago

While I will never understand war and why we send people to battle, when I see and hear these stories, I have the utmost respect to the men and women who go to battle and who give their lives. What does is matter now? is the question being asked..it matters because these people gave the highest gift..their lives to do what they believed was right and honorable. The side issue is those who remember and honor those who gave. These men will never be forgotten as long as there is one person to give them the respect they are due.
I am a simple person in many ways and do not talk about politics..I just know that right is right and wrong is wrong. While I may not see war as being a solution, I respect and do as I can to remember that others hold different thoughts and feelings. I offer my respects to all people who have died in wars and I offer my respects to the families who lost something precious..their family.
Jim Allen
+2
Jim Allen: 1551 days ago

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes as i have a very special place in my heart for all Marines. If it weren't for two of them I would not be here. ;) Thanks for the reminder and shared on all channels
Dave Cottrell
+2
Dave Cottrell: 1551 days ago

What a powerful story from the annals of history. Thanks for sharing, David.
Myrna Ferguson
+2
Myrna Ferguson: 1550 days ago

That was very nice David. I too had tears. On Sunday night PBS has a wonderful program for Memorial Day Remembrance. It comes on at 8:00 P.m and repeats it again at 9:30.
David A. Weed
+2
David A. Weed: 1550 days ago

They usually have good stuff on PBS the whole Memorial Day weekend.
Ken Wolff
+1
Ken Wolff: 1550 days ago

Thank you for sharing David! Memorial Day Weekend is a time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice as well as those who continue to put their lives on the line for the freedoms that we enjoy!
Trygeania Dowell
+1
Trygeania Dowell: 1550 days ago

Wow!! This was great.
Bob Shoaf
+1
Bob Shoaf: 1550 days ago

Brings tears to ones eyes. Thanks for sharing.
My Links