Search for People

Enter part of a name below to search our members.

Advanced
You are viewing a single thread.
Click here to view the entire wall.

Get These Amazing Deals!

David Rowland
+5
David Rowland: 1329 days ago

Well, interesting day today so far.

Was taking my sister to work this morning, and we heard a loud pop on the front right tire area, then something hit the undercarriage. Thought it was a rock at first, but then the left front tire area started making loud popping and grinding sounds.
So we pulled over, and when I looked to try and figure out what was wrong, my hand would barely fit between the tire, and the frame. Something broke.

So we had to wait almost 4 hours for our mechanic's shop to open, and get the tow truck out to us, then towed to his shop.

Now we are back home, sister didn't make it to work, niece didn't make it to college classes, and waiting to hear from the mechanic on what broke, and how much it's going to cost us.

The tow alone will probably be around $200 since he had quite a drive to come get us and tow us back.

Not paticularly happy about events this morning, but thankful to God that we didn't wreck when this all happened, that we weren't on the side of the road without any way to contact someone to come tow us, etc....
Lydia Fokina
+0
Lydia Fokina: 1329 days ago

Monday - a hard day...
Jim Allen
+1
Jim Allen: 1329 days ago

Sorry you had such a rough day. Front wheel drive I bet. CV Joint went out most likely finally after being noisy for a while. Or odd leaks on the ground sometimes.
Jim Allen
+1
Jim Allen: 1329 days ago

If not that you are lucky and probably broke a spindle. I had a front wheel fly off going interstate speeds once.
David Rowland
+2
David Rowland: 1329 days ago

Jim, no odd leaks, no noise until it went out today, it was a total surprise.
Myrna Ferguson
+1
Myrna Ferguson: 1329 days ago

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. Yes, you do have a lot to be thankful for.
David Rowland
+2
David Rowland: 1328 days ago

Well, we know what the problem is. The wheel bearings on the right front were totally shot, and broke loose to the point if I had kept driving the entire tire would have come off.... and the left front was almost as bad.

The odd thing is that neither side was making any grinding or popping noises, nothing to indicate that they were bad, until yesterday morning when this all happened.....

$150.00 to get both bearings replaced, and the cost of the tow, which I'm figuring about $200.00 bucks since it was quite a ways for them to come get us and tow us back....

Luckily our mechanic will work with us and let us pay it out over a couple of months if we need to.
My Links