Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
All Swedish winners in EuroVisionSongContest
3/2/2008 4:24:18 AM

Here I like to present all Swedish winners in EuroVisionSongContest for you.
We have won four times.

And I will begin with the first winner. :)

This was back in 1974 and ABBA won.

Here is the song:

I think many people knows what that leads to. :)

ABBA is/was one of the biggest groups ever all around the world for many eyars and I think they are on second place (after The Beatles) over sold records in the world.

But, that doesn't happens often with the winners of this competion. It's rather rare that they became so famous.

Mandra

+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: All Swedish winners in EuroVisionSongContest
3/2/2008 4:55:56 AM

Here you can listen to some of their biggest hits:

Dancing Queen

Fernando

The winners takes it all

Take a change on me

Super Trouper

Happy New Year

Thank you for the music

Ring ring

Knowing me, knowing you

The name of the game

Gimme gimme gimme

Money money money

SOS

Honey honey

Mamma Mia

Mandra

+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2008 5:04:51 AM

50 year of Eurovision Song Contest

The show was hosted by Katrina Leskanich, who won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997 with Love Shine A Light, and Renārs Kaupers, who was Latvia's first ever Eurovision Song Contest entrant in 2000 with his band Brainstorm.

In May 2005, the EBU opened a poll on Eurovision.tv to find the ten songs that would compete. Voters chose their two favourite songs from each of five decades: 1956 to 1965, 1966 to 1975, 1976 to 1985, 1986 to 1995 and 1996 to 2005. The remaining four songs were selected by the Reference Group of the contest. On the 16th of June, 2005 the fourteen chosen songs were announced.

The show featured performances of the 14 songs, Eurovision Song Contest highlights and three special medleys, performed by former participants. 

And the winner was: ABBA Waterloo

Both juries and televoting were used, both having an equal influence over the vote. In the first round of voting, the number of songs was reduced to five. Each country awarded points from one to eight, then ten and finally twelve for their ten most popular songs. The top five songs were then subjected to another round of voting, where only six points and above were awarded. The results were not announced until after the show. The song with the most points in the second round was the winner.

The event was won by the legendary Swedish group ABBA and their song Waterloo. The band had originally won the Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in 1974 and became one of the most successful bands worldwide, selling more than 370 million records. Unfortunately, none of the four band members attended the show, and thus the award was handed over to Marten Aglander, representative of Universal Music in Sweden.

Mandra

+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2008 5:08:22 AM

You can read more about ABBA here:

ABBA

Mandra

+0
Mandra Ljungqvist

104 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2008 5:21:33 AM

I don't think Agneta and Annefrid is singing any more, but Björn and Benny are composing musicals.

Chess

Kristina from Duvemåla

Mamma Mia

Mandra

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!