Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
PHOTO OF THE WEEK CONTEST - POTW2 - IMPORTANT NOTICE
2/26/2008 10:39:46 PM

POTW2***POTW2***POTW2***POTW2***POTW2

Important Notice

Hello Friends, 

We are sorry to inform you that we received notification from BOGDAN FIEDUR that the last winner of the Photo of The Week contest  Jennie Dal Bello is the last recipient of the $50 prize for the winning photo.

The original offer of the $50 prize was as an incentive for massive participation in this contest. Unfortunately not enough members participated in the nomination process nor in the actual voting.

As an example in the last POTW contest we had 28 members that cast their vote. The "tie breaker" vote that followed created quite a stir and the votes reached  70 +.  That was a record number of votes for the POTW2 contest.

We would like to thank Bogdan for his generousity and hope that when more Adlanders participate in the nominations and in the voting he'll agree to reward the winning photo with a monetary prize again.

THE WINNING PHOTO WILL CONTINUE TO BE POSTED IN "THE ADLAND PHOTO GALLERY" FOR A WEEK.

The POTW team,

Peter, Jim & Anamaria 

+0
Re: PHOTO OF THE WEEK CONTEST - POTW2 - IMPORTANT NOTICE
2/27/2008 1:45:23 PM

Peter, Jim & Anamaria - and Bogdan.  I am not one to complain (much) but I can tell you why there has not been any more participation in the Photo Contest of the week.  It is too confusing.  I have been active in it for many months and always participated.  Well, friends, I cannot even FIND it anymore.  I entered a photo right before John & Pauline gave it up.  That photo never showed up anywhere that I could find. 

Now, this is not a simple task here to put this forum together and keep it going as John & Pauline can attest to and I appreciate all your efforts and being newbies there are bound to be trials before it is smoothed out.  I do not default any of you.

May I make a suggestion?  Start a NEW FORUM or NEW THREAD, make it simple.  Have one thread simply - PHOTO ENTRIES.  The other - PHOTO VOTING.  It needs refreshing, there are too many pages of posts and very confusing for new and older members.  If you (3 musketeers) are to be in charge begin your own photo contest.  Call it what you wish.  You might be very suprised to see it grow quickly into a large membership.

Many of you are much smarter than I and maybe can come up with better solutions but I really hate to see this project go.  It was also helping to support our members photo section and for one I looked forward to entering and voting and seeing members' photos.

Well, here's to you, I will certainly give my support for a NEW PHOTO FORUM!!  In the meantime, I will keep promoting our EXPRESSIONS OF NATURE and loving presenting the POET OF THE MONTH.  Also, CANDLE OF LOVE and CANDLE OF LOVE II are some others we promote.  All in being friends, supporting love and helping others.

God bless you all and HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Sara

Peter, I posted this in your other link.  This may be one of the problems of confusion on the part of others.  We don't know where the REAL thing is, all of you seem to be posting with the same title.  Does this make sense to you?

Sara

+0
Audrey Greenwell

0 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/28/2008 11:00:27 PM

Hi!  I am new to the forum and don't even know how to post a photo to the forum.  Could someone help?  I posted my picture but where is the link to post it to this part of the forum?

think I must be confused.  Looking forward to being unconfused!  LOL!

Audrey

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2008 10:00:20 PM

Hi everyone.  I agree somewhat with Sara.  This forum is about picture of the week.  It is getting abit clogged up with other items like POTW and it getting confusing.  I don't think we should have announcements relating to POTW here at all.

My suggestions: delete the NON picture of the week threads.  Make the NOMINATION thread into just one. Have the VOTING in it's own thread and announce the winners in another.  Keep using the same threads over and add to them each week.

Thanks for continuing the fun photo of the week!  We all enjoy it.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
3/2/2008 10:56:39 AM

Thank you, Patricia. You have some very good suggestions. 

God bless,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!