Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Anecdotes from the life of Abdu'l-Baha
2/22/2008 12:06:26 PM
    Dear readers
I though you might like to know some stories about Abdu'l-Baha.

I have told you He went to Europe and North America to announce the Faith of His Father.
Abdu'l-Baha was so extremely sensitive:
"One day in London the hour for Abdu'l-Bahaa's private audiences had arrived. Appointments had been made and, of necessity, an attempt was made to adhere to them rigidly. But Abu'l-Baha was a Man who taught moderation and consideration. A woman arrived without an appointment and was told it was not possible to fit her in, as Abdu'l-Baha was talking with some 'most important people'. Descending the stairway, she was greatly disappointed. Suddenly, to her astonishment, a messenger from the Master dashed down to her saying that Abdu'l-Baha wished to see her. With authority His voice was heard, saying: 'A heart has been hurt. Hasten, hasten, bring her to Me!'"

"Two ladies from Scotland, delighted that their request to have an evening with the Master while He was in London had been granted, were warmly received by Abdu'l-Baha. How they relished having this intimate evening. Half an hour passed in His warm presence, when suddenly they were filled with consternation- an aggressive reporterstrode into their midst and seated himself-he wanted information about the Master. His talkative, impolite manner  left the ladies speechless- such an intrusion could spoiul that precious evening.
Then to their surprise, Abdu'l-Baha stood up and beckoning the reporter to follow Him, led the way into His room. The ladies had indeed got rid of the intrider, but they had also lost Abdu'l-Baha. What were they to do?
Before long the hostess went to the Master's secretary and asked that He be informed  'that the ladies are awaiting His  pleasure'.
Very soon kind words of farewell were heard. Then the Master returned, pausing by the door. Gravely, He looked at each and said: 'You wetre making that poor man uncomfortable, so strongly desiring his absence. I took him away to make him feel happy.'

Surely Abdu'l-Baha was not like us ordinary ones.

"When Abdu'l-Baha was in San Fransico, His hostess arranged an interview with the Mayor of Berkeley. Many dignitaries and university people were to gather at a reception.
'As the appointed hour for departure approached the hostess went upstairs to warn Abdu'l-Baha that the time was near. He smiled and waved her away saying "very soon! Very soon!"
'She left Him with some impatience, for there was no evidence of preparation for the trip. After some time she went up again, for the automobile was honking at the door, and it looked as if the Mayor of Berkeley would be kept waiting. But she  met only a smile, and "Very soon! Very soon!" from the important guest. At last her patience was quite exhausted for she knew that they could not possibly arrive at the reception in time. Suddenly there was a ring at the door bell. Immediately Abdu'l-Baha's step was on the stair, and when the door opened he was beside the maid, pulling over the threshold a dusty and disheveled man whom no one had ever heard of, but whom Abdu'l-Baha embraced like a long lost friend.' He had read of Abdu'l-Baha in the newspapers and felt he must see Him, but as he did not have enough money for the car fare, he walked the fifteen miles into San Fransico. Had Abdu'äl-Baha left on time, they woukld have missed each other - but the Master had 'felt his approach' and would not leave until His guest was seated at the table with tea and sandwiches. Only then could the Master say,'Now I must go, but when you have finished, wait for me in My room uppstairs until I return, and then we will have a great talk.'

All the best
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Anecdotes from the life of Abdu'l-Baha
2/22/2008 4:20:47 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Anecdotes from the life of Abdu'l-Baha
2/23/2008 5:34:00 AM
    Hi Nick
What a suitable picture and how good to read. I agree.Thank you, kind Nick.
 God is the "terrific friend" who has sent us terrific Abdu'l-Baha as an example  for us. He is also called "The Mystery of God". Not until a thousand years have passed will there be people, like us who are as blessed as He is. But nevertheless He is our Example.
Sure One day all mankind will see that there is nothing left but God to turn to. There will be nothing left but the signs of God when we have exhausted ourselves throroughly, struggling along entangled or  imprisoned in our unfair systems. For as it is for the individual, so it is for the collective, this time.
Therefore it is good and wise to turn to God in advance, before exhaustion, to seek him now in the divine springtime, not in the summer when everybody will have had to seek Him.

The lifecycle for the macrocosm is like the cycle of the microcosm. In this age we can grasp with our minds the wholeness of the entire human race as one single family. And this family will collectively see the new things God hath wrought having reached the "fulness of time".

Bye for now
Laila

"What hath God wrought?"-  Morses first message in 1844.

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!