Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Jerusalem 2, paradise explained, true liberty, a thousand years
2/19/2008 2:30:49 PM
    Hello again

I will now as I said , continue with Kitab-i-Aqdas

"The opening paragraph of the Kitab-i-Aqdas states that the fundamental duty of man towards God is                                                                         'the recognition of Him Who is the Day-Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws'
and that the second duty is
'to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world'.
It is then stated that '
'These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other'
Thus, the individual dialogue takes place within the framework of the collective dialogue. The collective dialogue is initiated by God's sending of the Manifestations, and the first response required of us is to recognize and accept the authority of these figures. Indeed, if God has taken the trouble to send the Manifestations to give us valid knowledge of the laws governing spiritual reality, then the minimal acceptable response on our part is to turn  to them and follow their instruction. In particular, we must signify our true acceptance by implementing the laws and principles they teach.
Following this opening statement, paragraphs 2 to 5 of the Kitab-i-Aqdas constitute a powerful articulation of the importance generally of obeying and implementing the laws of God and of the benefits to be derived from such obedience. For example:

'O ye peoples of the world!
Know assuredly that My commandments are the lamps of My loving providence among My servants, and the keys of My mercy for My creatures...'Observe My commandments, for the love of My beauty.' Happy is the lover that hath inhaled the divine fragrance of his Best-Beloved from these words, laden with the perfume of a grace which no tongue can describe.'

This portion of the text culminates, in the following metaphor for the whole of the Kitab-i-Aqdas itself:

'Think not that We have revealed unto you a mere code of laws. Nay, rather, We have unsealed the choice Wine with the fingers of might and power...Meditate upon this, O men of insight!'

The symbolic use of 'Wine' in this passage powerfully conveys the notion that implementation of the laws of spiritual reality produces an effect of spiritual euphoria - thus of extreme spiritual happiness.
Bahaullah's choice of image here is particularly significant given the fact that, subsequently in the Kitab-i-Aqdas, He strictly forbids the drinking of wine and other intoxicants, stating. 'It is inadmissible that man, who has been endowed with reason, should consume that which stealeth it away.'

Thus true happiness - spiritual euphoria- comes not from the abandonment of rationality but by its disciplined application to an understanding of the laws governing spiritual reality. Divine prescriptions are not intended to deny us genuine joy but rather to teach us the conditions under which the greatest and most enduring joy can be attained. What is being given us is no less than the keys to a true and lasting paradise.
In this way, the opening five paragraphs of the Kitab-i-Aqdas lay out the general parametres of the dialogue, or covenant, between God and humanity: God initiates the dialogue by sending the Manifestations to teach us the fundamental laws of spiritual reality. We respond by recognizing the spiritual authority (validity) of the Manifestation and obeying His laws. The result is increased spiritual development leading to increased happiness and, ultimately, to a state of extreme and enduring joy.
The Kitab-i-Aqdas also affirms that the implementation of the laws of spiritual reality increases the individual's spiritual autonomy, which Bahaullah calls 'true liberty'

"Say: True liberty consisteth in man's submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it.Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty. Happy is the man that hath apprehended the Purpose of God in whatever He hath revealed...Say: The liberty that profitteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth."

In this and in other passages, Bahaullah makes unequivocally clear that God does not seek an obedience of childlike weakness but a mature, intelligent obedience based on deliberate individual choice. We must submit our wills to God's, but this submission results from a disciplined accretion of spiritual power to the individual, not from a helpless capitulation."

It is from the Kitab-i-Aqdas that we know that the interpretation of all the holy texts falls on Abdu'l-Baha. In it He is also stated to be the Centre of the Covenant, .Abdu'l-Baha appointed later His eldest grandson Shoghi Effendi  to succeed Him as the authorized interpreter of the Bahai Writings.
"Another fundamental aspect of Bahaullahs Covenant derives from Bahaullah's declared intention of establishing a system of divine governance adequate for the needs of humanity for at least a thousand years. Such a system must take into account permanence, stability and order, on one hand, and change, progression and dynamism, on the other. The specific laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas constitute the permanent or stable  underpinnings of Bahaullah's system; they are to remain inviolate for at least a thousand years. To provide for a change and flexibility in His system, Bahaullah has established a supreme legislative organ, called the Universal House of Justice."                                                    First URH elected 1963 a hundred years after Bahaullah's declaration of His Mission in the park of Rizvan outside Baghdad in 1863.

There is a lot more to tell about various laws, for example concerning penalties and  descision making, consultation, laws of prayer,dowry, marriage, sexuality,gender equality, education, Houses of Justice, 'the right of God '(19% of the value of one's possessions,) to be paid once to the Universal House of Justice.

By this means He(God) hath desired to purify what ye possess and to enable you to draw nigh unto such stations as none can comprehend save those whom God hath willed.'

There is so much more to recount in this connection, but I cannot mention them all here. I have chosen, as I have done before to give you glimpses of different Books by the hand of Bahaullah, as examples showing the wide range of subjects that Bahaullah has covered. Nothing is left out, any question will thus be answered. Bahaullah has revealed over a hundred books to cover all the needs we may have, meant as  spiritual guidance and practical too and encouragement for the entire mankind.

He is the Universal manifestation awaited by the whole of humanity, so I can only cover short glimpses of the divine gold.

"Mankind is created to carry forward an ever advancing civilization"

'Think not that We have revealed unto you a mere code of laws. Nay, rather, We have unsealed the choice Wine with the fingers of might and power...Meditate upon this, O men of insight!'

Bahaullah

Bye for now
All the best
Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Jerusalem 2, paradise explained, true liberty, a thousand years
2/20/2008 12:42:03 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Jerusalem 2, paradise explained, true liberty, a thousand years
2/20/2008 6:21:06 AM
    Good morning Nick

Thank you for these lines. It was so good to set my eyes on them. A fine beginning of my day. Thank you, dear friend.
And I believe you have a good and solid faith in your heart and soul.

"Nobody knows the joy of the mystic" Bahaullah

I will write about spirituality today
All the best
Greetings from Laila
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!